Chapter 2 ~ Theo?

Answers to your comments in the A/N :)

Oh and @ZarifMohd, I don't think you want to change with the cat after this...

Chapter 2 ~ Theo?

~Zayn's POV~

My eyes flutter open when a tray of sunshine lands on them.

Damn it, I forgot to close the curtains. I groan and roll over, away from the light, but all I get is a heart attack when I roll on Theo, who growls angrily to get away from me.

Great, there is no way I'm going to sleep again now. I hate waking up early.

A glance at the clock tells me it's only 8.37 in the morning. Way too early for me. At least it's a beautiful day today. 

I stand up from the bed and walk to the window. The sight I have is amazing. It had frozen a bit this night, making the ground of the field behind the cottage hard from ice crystals. The sunshine makes them glitter like thousands of diamonds. 

Tearing my gaze away from outside I walk to my closet and put on some clothes. Then I quickly go downstairs to the kitchen for some breakfast. Theo is already sitting on the counter, looking at me and waiting for some food.

"Here ya go, kitty." I say and put a plate with fish on the ground, making Theo jump off of the counter and start eating.

In a matter of seconds the plate is empty. Woow, that's a hungry cat.

"Nah ah, you ain't getting more." I say when he looks up at me.

I prepare myself some bread before I take my sketchbook, pencils, a coat and walk outside, leaving Theo behind. Soon I'm walking over the field behind my cottage.

Halfway across the field I stop walking and turn around. I'm now looking at the backside of the house. This is perfect. I sit down on the floor and flip open my sketchbook on a blank page. 

I look up again and stare at the house. How shall I start drawing i... What is that?

A movement at my bedroom's window catches my eye. I narrow my eyes and gasps when I see someone staring at me. My heart rate speeds up.

There is a stranger in my house.

I stand up, but when I blink my eyes, the stranger is gone again.

For a while I'm just standing there, debating on going back or not. It could have been the sun making an illusion on the window.

Yeah, that must have been it. 

Smiling at how stupid and scared I must have looked when I saw the illusion in the window, I sit down again. I pick up the sketchbook I dropped on the floor and my pencils, then start drawing the house.

~*~

Two hours later I'm back inside. The drawing turned out rather beautiful. Even though I had made it look like a spooky house in the middle of the night without even noticing until I was done drawing. But it is one of the best drawings I made. I even put in a scary looking figure in one of the windows.

I put my coat on his place and my shoes underneath it. Then I decide to watch some television.

Electricity is something new in this house. Since no one ever bought it and no one bothered to put electricity in it, they only did it when I requested it. But I'm glad I have electricity now. Imagine me sitting here with some candles and a book. 

Theo pushes open the door when he comes into the room and straight at me. He jumps in my lap and makes himself comfortable before laying down. 

"You fat cat." I say while starting to pet his head. "You should be glad you are cute." I say and tap Theo's nose.