New Companions

When Aurora opened her eyes, she was in a forest. Not the one outside of King's Landing, but a different one. Also, this time, she was surrounded by men all pointing swords or bows at her. Her eyes scanned the crowd of men and her eyes landing on a familiar face. "Beric Dondarrion," she whispered, catching the attention of the scarred man with one eye.

"I recognize you, my lady," he said, gesturing for the men to lower their weapons. "You were Sandor Clegane's traveling companion last I saw you." Aurora nodded, willing the tears to stay down at the mention of Sandor's name. "And where is Sandor Clegane?" the drunken priest, Thoros, asked her. She looked down at the ground. "I assume he's dead. The last time I saw him, he was falling from a cliff after a fight." Her voice was barely a whisper. Beric and Thoros frowned.

"I'd say I'm sorry for your loss, but I think we'd both know that'd be a lie." Aurora chuckled sadly and looked around. "I don't recognize this forest." She brought her gaze back to the two men in front of her. They exchanged a glance before Beric nodded. "Then you should not be traveling alone, my lady. Perhaps you would consider traveling with us. The Brotherhood can protect you." Aurora wanted to laugh. She remembered that Sandor had killed this man. Still, she knew he was right. She had no idea where she was and traveling by herself would have been stupid. So, she accepted their offer.

The rest of the men went about their business while Thoros and Beric stayed with Aurora to speak with her. They explained they were heading to Winterfell to assist Sansa Stark in reclaiming Winterfell and to see if the rumors of White Walkers were true and Aurora told them her story from when she first came to Westeros and how she ended up with Sandor. As she spoke, the two men listened intently, amazed that anyone could have such feelings for Sandor Clegane.

"It sounds as though no one really knew who he was other than he reputation." Aurora laughed and shook her head. "Oh, you knew him. His reputation was entirely true but there was also another side to him that only I saw." Aurora smiled to herself as memories of her time with Sandor flashed through her mind. She noticed the men were staring at her and she blushed. "Sorry." The men shook their heads, indicating there was nothing to be sorry for. She smiled at them and let them lead her to their camp.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It didn't take long for Aurora to become just like any other person in the Brotherhood. They helped her to refine her sword skills and soon, she could take on just about any man in the camp. The young woman grew stronger and tougher as the weeks went by. They had fashioned her a tunic and trousers in her size and somehow, they'd found boots for her as well as a cloak for the coming winter. She fought alongside them and they became like brothers to her.

Aurora was trainingwith one of the men one day when she heard a ruckus. "What's that?"she asked, earning a shrug. She pulled her hood up on her head and wanderedover to the noise. As she drew closer she heard a voice she recognized."It can't be," she whispered. A few more steps and she saw him. Shefelt her eyes widen as she took in the sight of him. Aurora just barely managedto breathe out where no one could hear her, "Sandor." ��-e

(a/n: I know this chapter is a little short, but I'm going to try and write a bunch after Tuesday this week.)