He's Free

It's been 6 weeks since I came here. I slept on the couch and I didn't go to school. I will be going to school tomorrow thought. They have been getting my bedroom ready since then. Ash's dad was at a meeting in New York so he won't be here until tomorrow.

"Okay, here it is!"

I walk into the empty bedroom. The set up looked exactly like Ash's room. I walked in and head to the closet. It was a walk in closet, around the size of my old dumpster. There was no clothes in there but there were some shelf's and drawers.

"I'm planing on going to the mall later today to buy you some clothes."

"No It's okay, I can go and get my old clothes instead."

"No no. If you live under our roof, you will be cared for and treated like we would treat a family member."

A few minutes after she left me in my.....um.....room, Ash showed up and knocked on my wide opened door.

"C-come in."

"Hey, can I ask you something."

"Sure"

"It's about Cosette. She's just so nice around me, and to hear that she....did THAT to you. I'm not saying that I don't believe you. I DO. I just can't......how long has she been doing this stuff to you?"

"Well, a-about, the 3 years I knew her. I-I-I'm sorry."

He leaned on the wall and fell to the floor. I sat next to him to try and comfort him. I look at his face and see a single tear fall down his cheek.

"OH NO, I'm sorry! Please, don't be sad. It's my fault for her beating me up!"

"H-h-how?"

"I was the one who keeped getting her on her nerves by not doing her homework and talking to you. I should have listened to her."

"NO........she has no right to tell you to do anything. She has no right to make you do her homework. She has no right to boss you around and beat you and tell you not to talk to me!"

"I-I...."

"You know what. When you come to school tomorrow, I want you to walk in with me so we can give her a piece of my mind."

"NO! PLEASE! Whatever you do to her, will come back to me. She's going to take her anger out on me, even if I have NOTHING to do with it."

"Sage. I want to let you know something. As long as you are here, you will be my family. Until the day I die, you're like a sister to me. I know it sounds creepy, and I know that it's weird for us to be living in the same house all of a sudden, but, that's just how I think."

"O-o-okay, I'll do it."

He slowly leans in and hugs me. He gets up and holds out his hand to help me up. I grab his hand but he trips over my stuff I set on the floor earlier, and he fell back, still having his hand tightly griped around mine so we both fell. When I finally open my eyes, they were met with his. The kind, Caribbean blue eyes and soft cheeks I've always known. Being face to face with him caused me to blush like crazy so I got up and backed up to the corner. I noticed he was also blushing.