Never Let Go

I always knew that Cosette would get me back one day. But I never thought that she would KIDNAP ME! I look at the door as it opens and Cosette's helper walks through. He holds up the knife he uses everyday to hurt me. I have been here for 6 weeks. No food, no water, no sleep. They won't let me.

I'm so skinny that I can see my bones. He has beat me with bats and metal poles. I have scars on my back because of him. While beating me, he has said that this is what I get for taking Cosette's boyfriend, and that I'm a worm that will always be disgusted by everyone.

He lifts up the back of my tattered shirt that I was wearing the day that I was kidnapped. He slashes my back about 15 times, and leaves. Tears in my eyes and blood pouring down my back, I think to myself that I wish that I could talk to Ash. The only way that I can use my wings or talk to Ash is if I'm calm and I clear my mind. I can't do that when I'm being hit every 5 minutes. I hear a noise come from behind the door. Here we go. Cosette comes in.

Her weekly talk with me was getting old. She would sit on a metal chair in front of me and try to brainwash me. I never took it. I'm tired of that crap. I wish that I can just die. Unfortunately, once I get my powers, I become immortal.

"So worm, before we get started on our lesson, I would like to let you know that Ash is doing just fine without you. He was a bit upset at first, but now he is very happy. Without you, he's free to be his own man. He's also forgiven me, so soon he will be my boyfriend again."

No. Sh-she's just trying to get into my head. But, It sounds so real. He.........doesn't care anymore!..

She went on with her putrid lesson, telling me to repeat after her, calling myself a worm. When she left, she told me that she was going to tell her helper to leave me for an hour. I think that I should try to talk to Ash, but I don't know if he would want to hear me. She gets up and leaves. After a few minutes of trying to decide, I make a choice to contact him. I calm myself down and start focusing on my Kal.

"A-Ash. A-are you t-t-there?"

There was silence for about a few minutes, then I tried again.

"A-Ash. Can you hear me? I'm here. Please don't i-ignore me."

"S-SAGE! WHERE ARE YOU!? WHAT HAPPENED!? I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT HELPING YOU! ARE YOU OKAY!? WHO WAS IT!? DID THEY HURT YOU!? DID THEY TOUCH YOU!? GOD WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON THEM, I'M GONNA BREA-"

"A-Ash. I'm fine. Someone grabbed me and ran out the back door in hot topic. It was Cosette again. I-I-I-"

I start to break down into tears on the outside. Unfortunately, the sound of my voice on the outside will have the same effect on the inside.

"I-I WAS HURT. T-THEY BEAT ME. I WANT TO DIE. T-THEY TOLD ME THAT YOU'RE HAPPY WITHOUT ME. WHY. WHY WOULD YOU BE H-H-HAP-"

"SAGE! I'm a wreck without you. I almost killed myself because of you being gone. I know that you're strong. You know that I wouldn't have been happy without you. Please, tell me, where are you?"

"I-I don't know. It looks like abandoned factory. We drove for hours. I can see a bunch of old metal cans with no labels."

"Oh my God. you're in the old soda factory! You're like, 5 hours away!"

"I'M SORRY!"