New Times

Is sit in the hospital chair, next to the bed that held a sleeping Gunner. He has been in a coma for 3 weeks. We left Texas and went back to California. The hospital transferred him over to California and I was the one to stay with him. I get up and go over to the bedside. I stare down at the patches that covered the stab wound. I feel as if I have no control over myself and for some reason, I remove the patch. I put my hand over his chest and close my eyes. Then, my marks on my finger and chest glow. When they stop glowing I look to the wound and it looks to be completely healed with no mark of anything that happened. Then he starts to wake up.

"Ugh.........huh. S-Sage. W-what happened? Where am I?"

I start to cry. I can't believe that I'm the one who healed him!

"G-GUNNER! Y-YOU........."

"Ugh. Wait, I remember what happened!"

"I-I didn't tell you before but, My mom and dad are the Mari and Dari. I have both marks and.....I guess when I touched your wound, I healed you."

He sits up in the bed

"Oh my god Sage. Thank you."

I jump up and hug him. In his arms, I start to sob.

"I-I thought you were-"

"Shhhhhhhh. It's okay. I'm here now."

"Y-you really changed didn't you."

"Sage. Before I met you, I was an idiot. I did stupid things because of the influence of stupid people. But then I met you. I felt something that day that I've never felt before. It was strange. And when you stayed in your room all day because of what happened with you and Ash, it made me feel......sad. I felt like my world was crumbling when you were crying. And all I wanted to do.....was to do anything it took to see you with a smile on your face. I wanted you to feel happy. Then...........I finally knew what that feeling was. I-it was love. I-I-I love you Sage."

"I-I-"

"I'm sorry. I knew I shouldn't have done that. You're still trying to get over Ash. I should have known."

"Gunner."

"Yeah."

"I-I-I love you too."

***************************************

We left the hospital and went back to the house. We had a small welcome back party and had dinner at a Chinese restaurant. It is a day later and dark outside.

"H-hey Sage."

I look up from my phone to see Gunner standing at my opened room door.

"Yeah, whatsup?"

"Wanna go swimming?"

"Sure!"

I get up and find my new bathing suit that I got in Texas. It was a small black bikini. I wrapped myself in a towel and went down to the pool to find Gunner already swimming.