Part 13

They rode into England two weeks later, Arthur had wished it had taken longer. one of the first things Henry said was; "Gah, what is that smell!?"

"It is dung." Arthur answered scrunching up his nose and pulling the hood of his cloak a little lower his face. 

they had disguised themselves to look as peasents as best they could, by putting dirt on their faces and mud on their clothes. lower England had not changed at all, the smell was still there, the crap was still there, the strange people were still there. he didn't look at any of them, not wanting to be noticed or recognized. 

"Who would want to live here?" Elena whispered at his side. 

"you don't chose where you are born in." Arthur snapped silently, but no one acted fazed, they must have not heard him. 

"I knew England was bad but not this bad." Alex answered with a grimace, Thdiir pulled the hood over his head and leaned to Alex to try and hide his face. 

"Yeah well, i guess King Edward didn't care enough for his people. with the amount of money he spent on parties he could have helped us." he hissed back, but on one seemed to hear him again. 

"This place is a shit-hole, i think we can find room on the next level of town." Henry stated. 

"This shit-hole is my home, so shut the hell up!" Arthur roared, turning on his friends. 

this time they heard them, each of their faces speaking shock, as if they hadn't meant to offend. he knew that but he was upset, couldn't they just drop it. Sapphire held on tighter to Arthur as they passed men and women moaning and begging for money or food. 

"This is so sad." Elena said cautiously. 

"Yeah, it is, follow me. i know a place where we can stay." Arthur answered, trying to calm himself down. 

he led them down the familiar alley ways and deeper into the city and muck. a few of the whores sat lazily on their whorehouse, fanning themselves with broken fans. they looked so broken, so lost, as if they no longer cared if they lived or died. 

"Arthur!" one called down excitedly. 

he looked up to see Mary, waving frantiaclly, he smiled and waved up at her stopping so that she could come down. 

"Give me just a second." he said to them. 

Sapphire tensed but let him slip off. Mary pushed through the double doors and ran straight into his arms, he could already feel Mary's tears. she was shaking in happiness and laughed, the other women looked down and ooed and awed. 

"Stop it!" she called up to them, before whipping a tear. 

"Who are you're friends?" she asked. 

"This is Alex, Thdiir, Henry, Jonathan, Lucas, Elena and Sapphire. everyone this is Mary." he said happily. 

"Nice to meet you." Henry said with a forced smile. 

"I guess you haven't seen a whore this close?" Mary snapped. 

"Mary you are not a-" Arthur started. 

"Shush, yes i am." she stated glaring at Henry. 

"We've better get going, the others won't be expecting us." he said. 

she pulled him into another hug. "Arthur, i am so glad you're back from the war safe. my little brother is home." she whispered into his ear. 

he burried his face in her neck and nodded, loving the embrace she was giving him. when he pulled away he saw the others frowning. he mounted again and waved once more to his older sister before leading them on into the city.