Part 30

two months had barely passed since King Estrell and his wife left promising armies when they would need it. Alex had secretly been glad he had left, the king was a good and kind man but he was a little to kind. often she found him flirting with all the young ladies leaving his wife really upset. Alex couldn't blame her, she was a kinder woman when they were not talking about her husband and a wicked one when they were. Alex was on her way to get a few minutes of training when she heard soft cries coming from the empty parlor. all the other ladies were gone, out doing their own activities which left most of the castle empty. Alex retraced her steps and looked in, she followed the cries careful not to be heard.

Elena looked up, tears running down her cheeks, her eyes red from crying.

"Elena, what's wrong?!" Alex exclaimed.

"Shhhh!" she hissed.

Alex ran to her friend's side and knelt in front of her. Elena wouldn't meet her gaze, and looked away, trying to hold back her tears.

"Elena, what's wrong? are you hungry, you've hardly eaten. i know you might not want to for your beauty and all but you look a lot healthier if you eat." Alex replied softly.

"Alex, i am not hungry." she answered.

"then what's wrong?"

"I thought he loved me." she answered in a whisper.

"Who? what's wrong?"

"Alex i have done something terrible, it was just one night..." she exclaimed quietly.

Alex's face paled and she looked to Elena who nodded.

"you're pregnant?!," Alex exclaimed, Elena nodded slowly.

"How?"

"King Estrell asked if i would join him in the tower to star gaze, he said he would like to show me a constellation...and at first it was normal. nothing big just our usual chats and then he kissed me, and then he started to touch me and i liked it, and you know the rest... he said nothing would come of it!" she exclaimed.

"Oh dear, come, let's get you back to you're room. we can speak more privately there." Alex stated standing and helping Elena up.

"Alex what am i going to do?! i am a Queen!" Elena exclaimed.

"We will find you a husband quickly, someone kind and good, we'll just push the marriage up so it looks like it is his child not the Kings." Alex whispered.

Elena nodded and allowed Alex to lead her out of the room and into hers.

"How do you know for sure though?" Alex asked.

"I remember a servant telling me and a few other young ladies about this other girl who was pregnant. she said you're women time cycles go weird and stop. Alex mine was meant to start four weeks ago and today!" Elena exclaimed in a panicked state.

"Have you told Jonathan?!"

"Oh gosh no, he cannot know, you have to help me Alex." Elena begged

"Is there anyone you think you can trust?" Alex asked.

"You of course, and i guess Nuomor. he is one of my oldest friends." she stated.

"Nuomor, good, he is a warlock he can summon suitors for you. would you be ashamed if i told him?"

"I would be ashamed if you told anyone! but go, i trust him with everything and tell him that too." she ordered. .

Alex nodded and ran out of the room closing the door behind her and running down the hall. she had no idea where Nuomor would be at that time, nor where to find him so she tried to find Thdiir. she ran into a closed room and all the men looked up from the tables.

"I am sorry have any of you seen Lord Thdiir, it is quite urgent." she exclaimed.

"He is in the next room over, your exelency." one answered.

"Thank you, sorry for interrupting."

she ran across the hall to the next room and walked in. some of the other men stopped and looked up others just continued on writing or what ever they were doing. she nodded and she walked by and scanned the men, finally she found Thdiir. he and other elves stood around a large map, studying it.

"Thdiir." she hissed.

he spun around and smiled at her, excusing himself and walking up to her.

"Alex, what are you doing here?" he asked with a smile.

"Have you seen Nuomor, i HAVE to find him." she whispered.

"Nuomor no i haven't seen him, i am guessing him and the other warlocks are in the east wing. why what's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothings wrong, don't worry about it. thank you!" she whispered before running off.

after a few minutes of running and trying to find the East wing she found it. she walked in and coughed with the heavy smell of essence. she walked through the tower and saw many Warlocks lazying about, women half naked attending to them. most of their eyes followed her. she walked up to the planning table that was clearly labeled the planning table and found Nuomor and some other men .

"Nuomor, sorry, may i have a private word with you? outside preferably?" she asked.

he looked up and smiled, nodding. he excused himself from the other Warlocks and stepped out side with her.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"It's Elena." she whispered.

his face went pale as if he was worried for her. "What's wrong with her?"

"Follow me, she wants you to come now. i have a lot of explaining to do for her." Alex muttered.

Nuomor nodded and followed after her as she told him everything that Elena had told her. his face was stoned in a serious frown and he nodded understanding what Elena wanted him to help her with .

"she says she trusts you with everything and that you can help her. Nuomor please say you can." Alex begged.

"Yes, of course, anything for the future Queen." he answered.

they arrived at Elena's door and she knocked softly.

"Elena, it's Alex. may i come in?" she called through the door.

there was a muffled reply and shortly after Elena opened the door just a crack. she looked at both of them and sighed in relief, letting them both in to the room. she closed it behind them and turned to face them.

"i am sorry,, you must think me disgusting." Elena stated, whipping tears away.

"I could never think that of you." Nuomor stated pulling her into a tight embrace where she began to cry into his chest.

"I will leave, tell me when you have made up a plan." she said softly before leaving.

Nuomor nodded in thanks and Alex left them.