Part 28

They were still waiting with Jonathan when midnight rolled around. Lucas and a few of the other boys had left, leaving Alex, Elena and Sapphire to watch over Jonathan. he kept talking about different things that all led back to Gwen.

the clock tower began to chime and Jonathan jumped up from the floor where he was sitting only moments before.

"Any time now." he whispered.

Alex helped the other two girl's up and they looked to the sky, watching it.

"There!" he exclaimed and pointed.

they all ran to his side to see a bright shinning star falling to the earth. there was a giant white light as it touched the ground but no noise. Alex closed and sheilded her eyes from the light, when it cleared she heard a familiar voice.

"Jonathan?" Alex opened her eyes to see Gwen standing in front of them in a white gown.

"Gwen." he whispered.

she jumped off the railing where she had been standing moments before and hugged Jonathan tightly.

"I thought i lost you." he whispered.

"you have, i am only allowed on the earth every twenty years." she whispered.

"Take me with you then?!" he exclaimed.

"I could never comdemn you, not now, you're a king you can't leave your people." she whispered cupping his cheek and kissing him on the lips soflty.

Elena coughed and Gwen looked over, her smiled widdening. the girl's shoved Jonathan off Gwen and hugged her tightly. she was really bright and strange to hug a dead person. she laughed and hugged Elena and Alex while Sapphire hugged them all.

"How?" Elena asked, whipping tears.

"i don't know, just one thing i am with you all and Guinevere and the next i am in King Estrell's court. he promised me that i would be able to see you all again if i did what he wanted." she answered with a smile.

"And what is that?" Alex asked.

"I must gaurd the gateway with my other brothers and sisters. i am so glad to be back here with you all." she answered with a smile.

"How long will you be here?" Jonathan asked.

"24 hours only, i know it isn't a lot of time." she answered.

"It's plenty! you both can get married, before you go!" Elena exclaimed.

Gwen's eyes widdened and she looked to Jonathan who grinned.

"I would have to speak to King Estrell, he commands everything." she answered with a growing smile, making her shine brighter.

"Consider it done my dear." the King said walking into the clearing.

"My Lord, thank you!" she exclaimed.

"I'll get the preist!" Sapphire exclaimed before running off.

Gwen laughed and walked up to King Estrell, hugging and thanking him. Jonathan was beaming and pulled her back to him.

"You won't have enough time to get a wedding gown!"Elena stated.

"I think this is white enough. if you don't mind,." Gwen replied.

"I don't mind at all." Jonathan whispered burring his face into her neck.

Gwen giggled, Alex grinned and Elena clapped her hands. Sapphire ran back, gasping for air and stopped.

"No one's awake." she gasped out.

"We do not need a preist, i will do it. i have the athority, i am a king." King Estrell said.

Elena grabbed Gwen and quickly fixed her hair up, and forced her to look at Jonathan who was laughing. Alex, Sapphire, and Elena stood at Gwen's side, giggling and grinning. she smiled and took her hand in his.

King Estrell began to say all the fancy vows but Alex wasn't paying attention. the thing that facinated her the most was the way they looked at each other. Gwen was tearing up and kept having to brush her tears away, Jonathan couldn't stop smiling and held her tighter. they kissed sealing the vows and the three girls clapped and cheered.

jonathan said something about Gwen being beautiful and she smiled, pressing her forehead on his.

"Well off with the two of you! you've got only 23 hours!" Elena exclaimed.

Jonathan laughed and scooped Gwen in his arms and ran out of the tower. Sapphire and Elena followed behind giggling and teasing them both. Alex was about to follow but stopped, turning to look at the star king.

"Thank you for what you did." she stated.

"It had to be done." he answered, before walking to the rail and gazing up.

Alex's brows furrowed before she shrugged and left, after the others.