Part 20

Arthur glared at the soldiers riding up, their hooded masks casting shadows in the dark light of torches. Alex looked ready to kill them all, and Thdiir placed a hand on her shoulder to try and calm her down. the others didn't look any better, each having their own reasons to kill.

"We come in peace, from the Good Queen Guinevere, she seeks private audience with you all." on exclaimed.

"And why would we want to seek private audience with her?" Arthur hissed.

"We come with news of War and Peace, it is yours to chose." the man answered.

Arthur was at a loss of words, he wanted to kill the witch, ring her neck but they also needed peace. he looked to Thdiir and then to Sapphire, both nodding in consent. Jonathan shook his head silently begging him not to let her in, they were all looking to him some how and it angered him. wasn't Lucas meant to be the High King?

"Tell her to come out! we speak here!" Arthur yelled back.

the man nodded and rode back to the small party. Guinevere appeared, a sly smile on her lips and she rode to them. it was clear she was wearing a crown and she held her head high as if she were already the victor.

"Do not speak to her. do not let her speak!" Jonathan hissed in anger.

"Johnny, we need her to talk, to hear her offer. war is a gastly cost, if we can prevent it we will take it." Henry answered.

"Do not call me Johnny. and do not FORGET THAT IT WAS HER TO KILLED GWEN! DOES GWEN'S DEATH MEAN NOTHING AT ALL TO YOU?! OR WAS SHE JUST A PAWN, A MOVEABLE PIECE IN YOUR BLOODY GAME!" Jonathan yelled, tears brimming his eyes.

"Yes she was, and i would kill her again if i got the chance just to see you whither in pain and sarrow." Guinevere said stopping in front of them all.

"Speak, and quickly or i will kill you." Arthur warned.

"What would that achieve? i am now allies with the King of England, all he wants is his precious daughter back, and the head of the elf that took her. he and his wife are so weak if i wanted i could take the thrown right now, but i have come here to discuss an alliance." she answered

"An alliance we will never take!" Jonathan roared.

"Silence, give Alex and Arthur to me and the rest go free, you are no use to me." she stated.

"And why would we do that?!" Thdiir yelled.

"Oh, elf in shinning armor? because, you don't want war and neither do i."

"What do you want with me?" Arthur asked gravely

"i want your love but seeing as i can't have it, i will make a bond with you like in the stories of King Arthur. you will marry lady Guinevere and we will live happily ever after." she answered.

"What made you think i would agree to your request?" Arthur spat.

"Fine, then you will have War! Give me Alex and England will break from War, but i will not stop trying to kill you all. and i will do it slowly, one by one until you Arthur Jimson are the only one standing and then i slit your throat and hang you upside down so that all your blood pours into a bowl!" She yelled.

"WE REFUSE!" Arthur stated.

"you under estimate our armies! we are ready for you, we always have been!" Jonathan yelled.

"We shall see. Mark my words Arthur, all you love shall die." she answered, a sneer on her face

she turned her horse around and her men and her galloped back into the woods. he glared at her till she was out of sight, before turning to Sean.

"Go, get everyone out." he ordered.

"No, i want to stay and fight with you!" Sean exclaimed.

"Sean-"

"The others would follow their king, why can't i follow my brother?" Sean pleaded.

"Sean, i want you to get as many able men as you can. and hurry, it doesn't seem like we have a lot of time." Arthur replied softly with a smile.

Sean grinned and nodded before running off through the town. Arthur turned to look at his other friends, knowing that the fight ahead could claim all of them. Al walked up and nodded proudly.

"i never took you as the type of Leader, but i can see now that you are." Al answered.

"So then will you fight with us?" Arthur asked

Al looked back to Jonathan and Elena who nodded in reply.

"Yes, i fight with you." Al answered.

Arthur grinned and nodded in reply. his eyes fell to Sapphire who was beaming at him, he smiled and turned walking back to his home to prepare his things.

"Arthur, the elves-" Alex started.

"I need you here Alex, you are one of the best fighters i know, you can't go now." Arthur inturupted.

"But-"

"i will go, they are my people." Trisrel answered stepping from the shadows.

Alex nodded and smiled.

"My brother needs you here, protect him while i am gone. he has a way of getting into trouble." she answered before disappearing.

Arthur watched Alex run off after Thdiir and smiled. he continued on his way and passed a great deal of people getting ready. Sapphire had ridden to the Dwarven castle and told everyone about the war that was coming onto their lands. Al had flown back to his castle to prepare his men and tell Nuomor who according to Elena would come.

"I never thought i would go to war." Lucas said, pulling on his armor next to Arthur.

"It's a nasty thing, i wish you didn't have to see it." Arthur replied.

"They should have picked you to be the High King, i am terrible at it." Lucas stated.

"That isn't true." Arthur said

"Name one heroic deed that i have done, nothing, you on the other hand know how to lead." Lucas answered with a sigh.

Arthur watched Lucas leave, a weird tension was between them now he knew it, they both did. there was a small knock at the door and Arthur looked up to see Sapphire slip in. her dark hair was tied back into a long braid and she was wearing a bit of armor. she smiled and ran to him, throwing her arms around him. he could feel her shaking against him, her tears seeping through his shirt.

"What's wrong?" he asked softly.

"I don't want anything bad to happen. i don't want to see them carry your dead body back." she whispered.

"It will be alright, i am a fair fighter, i will be fine." he soothed, hugging her tighter to him.

"But what if an arrow hits you!" she exclaimed.

"Sapphire, look at me, no arrow is going to take me down from trying to make this land a free land. a land where you will be free from Guinevere's grasp." he whispered, whipping her tears with his thumb.

"Arthur i am so scared!"

he silenced her with a kiss. he figured that now was a better time then on the battle field. she gasped a little at his advance but soon welcomed it by kissing him back. he sighed against her lips in pleasure as her hands pulled at him to be closer. he pulled her in and slowly broke their kiss.

"I promise you Sapphire, nothing will happen to you, i promise. nothing will split us and our feelings and nothing with get in our way." he whispered

"Arthur, i love you!" she replied softly.

"i know, and i love you too." he answered before kissing her again, slowly pushing her up against the wall.