Part 33

Arthur watched as Thdiir paced the hall. Alex had been knocked out from the wedding and had stayed out for days. Elena sat at a chair next to him, the doctor walked out of the room. Thdiir jumped up and walked up to him. the doctor shook his head and he he sighed.

"She is still out, what ever King Estrell did to her it seems to be taking quite a long time for her to heal past it. i am sorry all i can do is give her this antibiotic and that is all." the doctor stated.

"yes thank you."Thdiir stated.

they watched as the old doctor walked away from them. Thdiir sat back down and sighed, putting his head in his hands in defeat.

"She'll come around, don't worry." Lucas said patting him.

"I know..."

"I feel that i have something to do with this." Elena stated

"It wasn't your fault-" Lucas started

"Yes it is! if i hadn't been so stupid and fallen for King Estrell, none of this would have happened! this is my fault!" she exclaimed

"Kind Estrell is known for being a playboy and getting what he wants, it did not surprise me that you fell under his spell." Thdiir said 

"Then why didn't you say anything! i'm already upset with you as it is!" Elena snapped.

"What did i do?" he asked. 

"You still haven't proposed to Alex, you've been toying with her feelings and been standing like an idiot!" she exclaimed

"What?! we are talking about her health and you want me to propose?!" Thdiir exclaimed.

"Yes, you need to tell her straight out. she is confused and wants to know, just like the rest of us!" Elena snapped.

"Look i don't understand why this is important."

"Do you love her or not? easy question."

"of course i do, and i know that she loves me too. i just... i don't know if something will happen to change her mind of me." he answered.

"Then marry her, make it so that she can't choose anyone else! honestly, Etheil is going to marry Elizabeth." she stated annoyed and rolled her eyes. 

"What?!" Arthur and Thdiir yelled.

"Oh you haven't heard, they are going to get married in two weeks. honestly have you not received anything about it?! now, get on with it, i have to go, Nuomor has requested i go meet up with him later to discuss living matters." she snapped getting up and leaving in a mad fuss.

Arthur looked to Thdiir who looked at him, both were shocked. Arthur stood and walked to his room, asking for any letters for himself but none came. he sighed and began to write a letter to Elizabeth asking her about it, he gave the letter to one of the mail men and left to go find Sapphire.

he found her in the forges with the other dwarves. she whipped the sweat from her brow and smiled at him as he walked to her. 

"How's Alex?" she asked setting down the giant ax. 

"The same, nothing has really changed. what are you working on?" he asked. 

"Just an Ax, i want to finish it by next week." she answered. 

"It looks nice, did you know my sister is going to marry Ethiel?" he asked.'"

"Oh, good for her!"

there was a long pause of awkward silence. she looked to the Ax she had put down before looking at him. 

"Nice wedding wasn't it?" Arthur asked.

"Yes, very nice. is there something you wanted to ask me or can i get back to finishing the ax."

"Oh, yes sorry. um i guess i'll see you later... yes later." he stammered before quickly leaving.

he silently cursed himself for his awkwardness. he had never had trouble talking with women and now, i couldn't even speak right. he walked back into the palace and found Nuomor glaring out the balcony. Arthur walked up to him.

"What's wrong?" he asked. 

"Elena! i would have thought that since we're married now we would've stayed in my room more than an hour to talk about sleeping matters!" He exclaimed. 

"Well thats Elena for you." Arthur answered. 

Nuomor shot him a glare before storming off. Arthur sighed and continued walking through the palace. he found Lucas in the throne room talking to other nobles about political matters and crop rations. he sighed and slipped out, he knew that Henry would wasting himself away in  his room so he didn't even bother. 

finally he found himself back at Alex's room. he sighed and walked in, she was still asleep. Thdiir was seated in a chair next to her and looked up to him. 

"Any changes?" Arthur asked.

"No."