Unwanted Feelings

"Okay good. Now take the sulfur and pour it into the beaker" I instructed Trent using my pen to signify.

Trent and I sat in the science lab during lunch. We were going over chemicals; which ones reacted to sulfur and did not.

"Hey! Be careful with the burner!" I swatted his finger with my pointer this time.
"You love hitting me with that thing don't you?" I giggled nodding, smiling down at my clipboard.

"A little" I shrugged.
I actually enjoyed it a lot.
I removed my goggles and rubber gloves, heading to storage closet.
"What are you doing?" His voice rang from across the room.
"Getting more chemicals. Mister Jones said it was alright if I used them. Since I'm his best student, he trusts me"
"That's—" he trailed off as I approached the table again.
"—cool I guess"
"You think I'm a teacher's pet don't you?"
His eyes light up
"Hey you said it not me" I shook my head putting my protective gear back on.

"I honestly don't have a problem with that. Science is a way for me to relieve stress and among my love for other things"
I poured nitrogen monoxide into an empty vessel.
"Like?" He became intriguingly, he leaned forward and laced his fingers.
"Just things" I shrugged capping the gallon bottle.
"Come on, now you have to tell me. What does Kendyl Johnson do on her spare time, other than making sulfuric acid" he joked teasingly

His eyes sparked with interest. A soft smirk on his face; he wore his hair in a bun today.

"Nothing" Tell him. What could go wrong?

Everything.

"Shut up and just pour the sulfur dioxide into the beaker with water"

"Yes ma'am" he sighed bringing his goggles down to his face. He took the pincers tongs and poured.
"That should make it bubble, forming sulfuric acid." I stated removing my goggles.
The shift in mood made me uncomfortable, silence unbearable. I wasn't trying bring him into my world, it would be extremely dangerous.

I took off my lab coat, discarding the gear to its rightful place.
"Where you you going?" He stood, watching me.

"We're done for the day"

I needed to get out of here. I was panicking and I didn't know why.
"Kendyl you okay?"
"I'm fine" I grabbed my bag speeding out the room.
"Hey! Wait a minute" Trent grabbed my arm, pulling me back.
"What!"
"What's wrong? Was it something I said?" He released me.

I hated feeling this way. I didn't want to admit the fact that I liked Trent, more so; like like him.

This was the worse thing that could happen to me.  I liked something who wanted nothing to do with me, I did everything in my power to...No, I will not go there.

"Nothing" I said frustratingly blowing an escaped lock of hair from my bun, out my eyes.

"It can't be nothing Kay. You looked like someone ran over your dog. You're pale" he moved to touch my face, I stepped back.

He frowned, putting his hand back in the pocket of his black hoodie.
"Look I just—"
"TRENT BABY! There you are!"Celine's annoying voice filled our ears.

She glanced at me, up and down. Smirking arrogantly.

I admit. I wasn't dressed  in my usual attire; heels, skirts, blouses etc. No, instead I wore a pair of black high-rise joggers; rosy pink distress sweatshirt, white adidas and no makeup.