CHAPTER XXV: INFATUATION

"So here I go to the eye of the storm
Just to feel your love
Knock me over
Here I go into our love storm."
- Lady Gaga, John Wayne

FORNEUS "SLATE" FURTUR

Date.

I don't even know what to feel about that – when he asked me what a date was, I couldn't help but blurt out the first thing that came out of my head – we were enjoying together. And it felt like that's what mattered the most, that we were having fun, without thinking that he's an angel and I a demon.

And when I saw his face when I told him what a date was, his face lightened up like a little kid waiting for his present to be opened, sitting cross-legged in front of the glowing in various colors Christmas tree. When I stared at him, I felt something inside me, my heart started beating faster as it felt like it came to life. When I saw him, he was smiling, his pearly white teeth flashing as the sun would – glowing and almost perfect. It felt like if I stare at it any longer, it would hurt my eyes. When I saw him smiling, it felt like I was no longer a demon but a mere human who's unbothered of everything – the sins, the problems of life, everything. It felt like those didn't exist at all.

"So where should we go next?" he asks as he takes a handful of blue mint-flavored cotton candy into his mouth, staring at me with his big and adorable brown eyes. I see his Adam's apple bob up and down, giving me a bright smile that is almost too blinding to look at. At least to me, though. "The beach looks fun, though. I've only seen them in the well. If you don't want to, that's fine with me. If you want we can go home, if you feel like it."

Home. Satan, I'm itching to go back home, to our unit. Staring at him, he looks purely innocent, staring at me with his cute brown eyes that has me freezing in place. If Adrian wants to go to the beach, then that's fine with me. It seems like he'd enjoy strolling there.

Nodding at him, his smile brightens up even more and he seems more excited to go to the beach rather than the amusement park itself. Rolling my eyes just to make it seem like I'm annoyed, I offer my hand and he takes it gladly, slipping his fingers into mine and I feel my heart race. I stare at it for a few seconds, and the more I fight the smile creeping up into my lips, the more it becomes harder. Eventually I let out a smile, turning my face ahead just so he won't see I'm smiling like a teenager. He grips my hand harder and I feel the warmth of his hand seeping right through mine. Satan, I just want to hold his forever. His skin is so soft, very angel-like. I just want to run the pads of my fingers across his smooth skin and I'd never get tired of it – I'd savor it like I would when I find a treasure, when I eat a double dutch flavored ice cream, when I eat a food I really love.

Adrian walks hastily, forcing me to move forward and I shake my head in amusement. Before he was just scared to me when he first learned that I was a demon, now he's comfortable enough to me that he has the guts to force me to move forward and never get scared. I don't know whether I would be offended or be amused at the thought. Likely the latter, though.

"Why are you being such a slowpoke?" he asks me, turning his face just to look at me over his shoulder and I smile at amusement. Did he just use a name of one of the Pokemon monsters to describe me? Upon realizing it, he blushes, turning his face ahead. "Sorry... Lean – my servant used to tell me that sometimes. When I asked him what a slowpoke was, he told me that it's a type of monster who is lazy. Human terms, according to him. So ever since then, that's what I've been using to anyone who's becoming lazy. I hope you're not offended." He says meekly, blushing madly.