Just A Wave Goodbye

Lauren P.O.V:

"Waving Goodbye to her was one of the most pain things I've ever done" I tell the interviewer as the girls rub my back and hold my hands.

"Why did you just wave goodbye to Y/n? Why didn't you say it verbally?" he asks and I smile.

"She believed that it wasn't goodbye forever" I respond and he scrunches his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"Y/n believed that saying goodbye verbally meant that we would never see each other again. So we waved goodbye as she got on the plane for Afghanistan and since then she has tried to keep in touch as much as she can these past two years." I respond as I hold back tears threatening to fall.

The interviewer gives me a sad smile and nods.

"And the rest of girls waved goodbye too?" he asks and we all nod.

"She's like my sister, I was full on crying when she walked away... I knew that life at home was going to be so different without my little rascal of a best friend" dinah responds as she wipes away tears.

"She's my dance partner, it's so quite when I practice alone..." normani says as she starts to fiddle with her fingers.

"You know... She was actually the person who encouraged me into auditioning for 'Dancing With The Stars', I remember being on the phone with her one day and telling her that I would never make the cut and her exact words to me were, 'They better, because if they don't, then they're missing out on the best dancer in the world, also I'll come home early and beat their asses if they don't accept you'," normani said laughing and wiping the corners of her eyes.

"Y/n is basically one of my 'children', I thought that I would just be sad the day she left, but no. I was so emotionally drained when the plane took off, I remember all of us coming home and going straight into our rooms, saying nothing. I walked into mine and completely broke down. Knowing that if anything happened to her, I wouldn't be the same..." ally said as she looked down and tears fell freely from her eyes.

The girls and I hugged each other and cried into each other's arms.

"Well girls I need you to follow me." The intervewier says as he gets up and starts walking to the hallway on the other side of the doorway. A camera man starts following us as we get up and follow the interviewer into the hallway.

"What are we doing out here?" asks dinah as we reach him.

"We have a surprise for you girls...turn around" he says and we look at him confused.

"Hey guys! I'm over here!" a familiar voice yells and our heads snap to their direction. My heart stops and tears start falling uncontrollably.

"Y/n..." I whisper as my eyes focus on the figure down the hall. I start running into a dead ass sprint and slam into her arms when I reach her.

All the noise fade out around me and all I can hear is her steady heartbeat filling my ears with a sweet rhythm.

"I told you that it wasn't goodbye forever" she says and I smile widely.

"Thank god."