Chapter 23: Bridal Dress

At Wang Mansion, I was in Elder Wang's living quarter with Li Xia and her mother. Several maids were around to help me in the long fire red dress. I felt overwhelmed by the length at the back that stretched for several feet. The fabric was the softest, lightest silk. My shoulders were exposed and the sleeves were thin and long, covering up to my fingers. A darker shade of red silk was wrapped tightly underneath my breast with a lovely bow tied to the side. The most beautiful feature of the dress was the blue embroidery of an orchid flower that covers the entire bottom skirt.

"You look beautiful Wei Lan"

I stood in the center of the room with Li Xia fixing the front length of the dress. The delight in everyone's face was apparent.

"Clearly made to wear this bridal dress" Elder Wang was pleased. "As expected of my future granddaughter-in-law"

"Really, too stunning" Li Xia stood up with tears behind her eyes. "Wei Lan, you look really beautiful"

Even the maids all made compliments. I've never received so many compliments at once. Blushing softly, I didn't know how to respond.

"Of course my Wang Fei is beautiful"

The voice startled everyone. At the entrance was Wang Feng and Min. Both men were leaning at each side of the door frame – both had a smile on their face.

"Feng-ge, why are you here?" Li Xia scolded. "Aren't you supposed to be in court until later this evening? And Fa Min! You're supposed to stand guard!"

"Can anyone stop your brother?" Min brow rose, daring Li Xia to challenge his question.

"You're useless Fa Min" Li Xia rebuked.

Min shrugged, too lazy to counter Li Xia. Meanwhile, I felt shy seeing how Feng's eyes were looking at me slowly, from head to toe. My body warm up to his slow gaze. When he walked toward me, my legs begin to shake. I could hear Li Xia, her mother, and Elder Wang all yelling at Wang Feng when he suddenly lifted me up and carried me off. Blushing hard, I held onto Feng as he carried me off with a grin.

Wang Feng carried me all the way to his living quarter. On the floating wood deck floating above a small pond, Feng held me in his arms. We were alone to enjoy the peace and quiet scenery of the pond and the surrounding garden.

"Soon, I can remove this bridal dress" His deep voice whispered behind my ear. "Soon, I can love my Lan"

I shivered when he pressed my body to him - his hot breath now fanning against my neck and shoulder.

"Lan, you don't know how much I've endure" He looked deep into my eyes. "Prepare yourself. In 3 days, I will take you however I want, for as long as I want"

I was shaking but he continues to hold me tight, speaking softly.

"And I will not stop even if you cry..."

My body and heart was trembling. Feng chuckled softly and held me to his heart. Laying my head against his strong chest, I look back at the pond and the garden that surrounds us. The cold wind passed through and I seek warmth in Feng's embrace.

"Feng..." I closed my eyes, putting all my weight and worries on him. "Wei Lan is afraid this happiness will be stolen from my hands..."

Wang Feng soft laughter was a joy to hear.

"No one can steal anything from my Lan. Do not be afraid, I will destroy anyone who tries to take what belongs to you"

"Feng..." I leaned my face into his neck, breathing in his strength while I wrapped my arms around him. "What if someone tries to steal Wang Feng from Wei Lan?"

I could feel his smile pressed against the side of my head.

"With Lan's tight hold, how can anyone steal Wang Feng?"

I smiled and held him even tighter.