Chapter 56: Only One

*WARNING: The following content may contain sexual contents*

I already know of Chen Hua Lan's feelings for Wang Feng. But I never knew just how deep her feeling for him went. She had wanted Wang Feng so desperately that she gone directly to Elder Wang and asked for her help.

When Feng and I came home to see the Chen siblings, a very bad feeling creep up inside me. I noticed the frown on grandmother and the concern on father and mother. The annoyance on Li Xia's expression confirmed that the situation was not well. While I was nervous, Feng appeared calmed as if nothing looked strange.

"It's already late into the night. Why are we still receiving guest?"

Feng didn't even look at Chen siblings while he spoke to his grandmother.

"Feng... Miss Chen Hua Lan came to me with a favor. I am at a lost on how to respond"

"Oh?" Feng brow rose. "If it's grandmother's guest then Feng and Lan will retire to Ping"

"Feng, Miss Chen's favor regards you"

Just when he was about to leave, his grandmother stopped him.

"Miss Chen..." Elder Wang sighed tiredly. "I will let you ask Feng yourself"

Chen Hua Lan blushed softly before she turned to face Wang Feng with an expression filled with adoration and softness.

"Wang Feng, you must already know Hua Lan's heart" She said slowly – her voice was soft and gentle. "Long before our meeting last year, Hua Lan have admired Wang Feng..."

Her confession was like a heavy weight pressing down at my heart.

"Umm" Feng said calmly, his expression was still as water. "Is that so?"

"Yes..." Chen Hua Lan smile was like a blooming flower. "Hua Lan understands Wang Feng's love for his Wang Fei...Hua Lan will ask for much, only for a small part of Wang Feng's heart... Even if it's as your concubine, Hua Lan is willing..."

Wang Feng's laughter was like a demon – cold, mean, and cruel.

"First the princess of Ruichai and now the daughter of the prime minister. Two proposals and a year has not passed since this general took a wife" Feng's smiles were empty as he continued coldly. "Either this Wang Feng is easy to be made a fool of or he is a demon fox luring butterflies"

"Wang Feng, my sister is willing to be second, your concubine. Why must you still refuse her?"

Chen Kang had been quiet the entire time. He couldn't keep quiet when he saw how his sister was being laughed at.

"Take your sister home" Feng's eyes were like swords, ready to kill. "Prime Minister Chen will spit out blood if he finds his children here making fools of themselves"

"Wang Feng" Chen Hua Lan eyes watered while her voice shook with sadness. "Hua Lan's heart... does Wang Feng not wants it?"

"I have no interest in anyone heart but my Wang Fei. Do not speak further nonsense and go back to your Chen Mansion"

I saw her tears – her confusion of being rejected.

"Grandmother, mother" Feng completely disregard Chen Hua Lan. "From now on, any woman with such ridiculous favors, do not let them in Wang Mansion"

Grandmother and mother could only sigh softly.

"Wang Feng" Chen Hua Lan voice was full of grief and pleading. "Hua Lan_"

"Enough" Feng was annoyed. "Li Xia, have the guards take these idiots home"

Li Xia was annoyed as well so was glad to listen to her brother's command. Hua Lan burst into tears while Feng turned to me. When he suddenly touched my cheek, I realized I hadn't spoken a single word since Chen Hua Lan's confession.

"Lan" Feng said in a soft whisper. "Let's go"

While he led me away, I could hear her crying even louder. I tried to look back but Feng tightened his hold on my hand and pull me alongside him.

When we were alone in our bedroom, I sat in front of the vanity and begin to undo my hair. After the accessories were removed, I reached for a comb. Feng had been behind me when he took the comb from my hand. In the mirror, I watched as he combed my hair.

"Lan's hair..." He said after he finished combing my hair straight. "No one else can compare"

With a hand on my shoulders, he turned me over to face him. I watched as he touched my long bangs and moved it behind my ear.

"Let's go to bed" His thumb gently strokes my cheek as he spoke.

He hooked his arms under my legs and back and lifted me up while he stood.

"I only love Lan, Wei Lan" He said softly. "Do not forget this..."

After the night of receiving Wang Feng's love, I was afraid to let go.

"Lan..."

I didn't know there were tears in my eyes until he wiped it away. When I buried my tears against his chest, Feng sat up with me in his arms.

"Why are you crying?"

"Feng... Wei Lan doesn't want to share Feng with any woman... Wei Lan can't share Feng"

"Silly..." He gently stroke my back to calm my heart. "Lan never has to share this Wang Feng"

"Feng can only have one wife"

"Yes, only one" He chuckled softly and held me tighter.

"Only Wei Lan can be Feng's wife" I added.

"Yes, only Fa Wei Lan can be Wang Feng's wife. Don't think any more nonsense"

He held me back down onto the bed with a warm smile on his face.

"Lan only needs to think of this Wang Feng"

I lifted a hand to touch his smiles.

"Feng cannot be anyone husband but Wei Lan. Feng cannot touch another woman but Wei Lan... Promise Wei Lan that Feng will hold anyone but Wei Lan"

Feng chuckled and kissed my fingers.

"Promise me"

"Only you" He held his lips close to me and he spoke with a smile. "This is a promise"

He sealed the promise with a kiss.