• three

Be happy in the
moment,
that's enough.
Each moment is
all we need
not more.

       A panther ran lose on the Hogwarts grounds as it clashed on a vicious fight with a werewolf

       A panther ran lose on the Hogwarts grounds as it clashed on a vicious fight with a werewolf. And the sight was certainly one to behold. Alexis, already fully transformed into her animagus form, tried to keep Remus beneath her but to no avail. The werewolf kept pushing and scratching, desperately trying to free himself from her weight. She was so overwhelmed by the mere shock of it all that she managed to numb herself out as she battled the ferocious beast. There was a fog of disbelief clouding her mind, making her wonder if this was truly even happening. Of course, the many scratches and bruises would serve as proof later on.

      She could see James and Sirius regain some of their strength from the corner of her eye, which filled her with relief considering her one-on-one tactics with the werewolf were not having a successful outcome. Desperately trying to come up with a plan, she bit down on Remus and tried to pull him into the forest and as far from the Hufflepuffs as she could. James quickly caught up with her plan and rushed to her aid, he then began using his antlers to push the werewolf further inside the woods.

       The fight continued for what felt like long arduous hours until finally all energy seemed to drain out of the beast, causing it to tumble around dizzily until it eventually fell over unconscious, and in the blink of an eye, a teenage boy took the spot the werewolf had been occupying. Soon after, the stag and the panther that had been silently surveying the boy returned to their human form, standing with pure astonishment as they tried to process the situation.  Alexis was unnerved, utterly unnerved, the reality of what had just happened beginning to sink in. She could feel the panic making its way up her throat, choking her, causing her eyes to well up and her breathing to become uneven.

       She could've died. She could've seriously injured Remus. She could've killed him. She could've accidentally killed any of the other boys. She was a panther, for God's sake, and although she was quite small compared to a regular-sized panther that didn't make her attacking technique any less deadly. After successful controlling her breathing, her senses began to return and the images became clearer. And there he was, the protagonist of the night, looking worse than she'd ever seen him. Just the sight of Remus filled Alexis with dread and guilt.

       And then her gaze landed on James, and it reminded her that a stag could not take a beating quite like a panther and a werewolf could. His temple was bleeding, and so were his arms, and his neck, and probably many other body parts that weren't in her line of view. He was standing, though, which was a positive sign. He too was looking at his surroundings in a lost trance, scrutinizing Remus' slumped figure with disbelief. This had been a first for him. He'd fought werewolf Remus before, but never like this, never for hours and never so brutally. As if on cue, James and Alexis locked gazes, expressing the fear and overwhelming emotions they felt with just a look in their eyes.