• ten

She's been through more
hell than you'll ever know.
But, that's what gives her beauty an edge. . . .
You can't touch a woman
who can wear pain like the
grandest of diamonds
around her neck

You can't touch a womanwho can wear pain like thegrandest of diamondsaround her neck

Ten names had been written on the cover of the Daily Prophet. Ten lives, ten stories, ten tragedies. Her brother had murdered ten innocent people. It was no wonder people kept staring at her as she walked through the hallways. No wonder the feeling of dread kept pressing down her chest ever since she opened her eyes that Monday morning. The news was out, Tom Riddle was Lord Voldemort, and he just committed mass murder.

MUGGLE FAMILIES MASS MURDERED

When Aurors arrived at the scene, three muggle families had been mutilated, tortured and killed with the use of the Unforgivable Curses along with strange, unknown Dark Magic the Ministry refused to comment on.

The culprit, who authorities learned goes by the name of Lord Voldemort, is a former Hogwarts student whose real name is Tom Riddle.

The 'Dark Lord' is said to act alongside an army, whose identities still remain unknown.

The victims were all residing in North London at the time of the attacks. They consist of:

Nathaniel Thompson (56)
Bethany Thompson (54)
Letitia Thompson (17)
Lisa Edwards (32)
Jace Edwards (7)
Leah Edwards (4)
Karl Devine (42)
Louise Devine (44)
Alfred Devine (11)
Catherine Devine (5)

If you have any information pertaining to the case, please contact Ministry officials immediately.

Malfoy had been kind enough to shove the newspaper in her face, also mentioning how the Death Eaters had grown so powerful not even the Ministry could stop them now. They had been quiet for the past couple of years, silently recruiting an army, silently planning a storm. But now they were ready to show the world just what their glorious Lord was capable of, and according to their sinister grins, this was only the beginning.

Alexis ran to hide in the nearest bathroom, the only action she could think of doing as everyone's scrutinizing gazes followed her every move, She began pacing around, unsuccessfully trying to stop the approaching panic attack, but guilt, heartbreak, and disappointment took over her as she slid down the wall, loud sobs escaping her mouth. She was aware of his involvement with the Dark Arts, she knew about the blood dripping from his hands, but having him claim the murders for the first time made it all too real and forced her to step out of her stage of denial.

The worst thing was that she had to carry some of the guilt. She had herself to blame. She had always been stupid and naive, believing that at some point her brother would acknowledge his wrongdoings and stop before it was too late. She had turned her face every time he did something wrong because being the silly little girl that she was she had hope. She was beyond selfish, trying to hold on to Tom because she was scared of losing the only family she had left, without caring about the innocent people that were suffering at his hands because she was hoping for him to change.