• eleven

WHAT IS STRONGER
THAN THE HUMAN HEART
WHICH SHATTERS OVER AND OVER
AND STILL LIVES

"You do have to admit, Puddlemere United totally kicked the Ballycastle Bats' ass," a small smirk teased James' lips, who looked deeply concentrated on his vanilla ice cream much to Alexis' amuse

"Yeah, after that nasty bit of cheating!" She retaliated with a frown, taking a bite of her chocolate flavoured one, courtesy of the house elves who welcomed them at the kitchens that Wednesday night.

"Quidditch is a rough game! Let it go, Riddle!"

"Okay," she took a spoonful of her dessert and smirked devilishly up at him, "I will if you tell me why you were jealous of Remus."

He scoffed. "I wasn't jealous of Remus," he said, but his eyes had a hint of panic and a crimson color was beginning to make its way up his cheeks. 

"Oh, really? Then why did you ignore the both of us the entire morning?" She tilted her head, feigning curiosity, well aware of the answer. She was still amused about how defensive James had gotten when he found her sleeping in Remus' arms at the common room after their little heart to heart.

"I wasn't ignor---Okay, maybe I was." He looked down in a frail attempt to conceal his heated cheeks. "But I wasn't jealous! Just a tad bit annoyed."

She rolled her eyes at his confession, "We feel asleep."

"Hugging?"

"Do you smell that?" She leaned over, fanning her hand near her face as if trying to smell a particular aroma. "Ah, jealousy."

James cackled, amused by her shenanigans. He stared at her for a couple of seconds in an act that was completely involuntary, licking his lips as they curved into a thin smile. "You have chocolate right... there," he used his thumb to wipe the corner of her mouth, holding his breath the entire time. Alexis couldn't help but to stare at him, enjoying his close proximity. Even for someone who was usually indifferent about looks, she had to admit the boy was quite the view. "You're staring."

She giggled, leaning back in her seat. "I can't help it!"

"Do I have something in my face as well?" He used his sleeve to wipe his mouth.

"No. You have hazel eyes."

"I guess?" A shy smile appeared on his lips as he, once again, was rendered a blushing mess by her words.

She smirked, "they're the cutest I've ever seen."

"Is there a relevant point to this?" His gaze shifted everywhere but on her as he struggled to maintain his composure.

"Just that they're super cute."

"Stop it."

"Are you blushing?"