• twenty six

Loving you is like being ten years old again,
scaling a tree with my eyes bright and skyward,
wanting only to get higher and higher,
without a thought of how I would get back down.

STAGE 2 -- CRAVING,  HOPE

STAGE 2 -- CRAVING, HOPE

Craving: A powerful desire for something
Hope: To want something to happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that it might happen

Craving: A powerful desire for somethingHope: To want something to happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that it might happen

Remus ran at full speed, as fast as his legs could carry him. He was well aware he most likely looked like a lunatic but that was the least of his concerns. He barged into the library, receiving quizzical looks from the quiet students inside, but he payed them no mind as his eyes scanned his surroundings. His gaze landed on an empty table at the far right corner, one which was usually used by a certain Slytherin and a fellow Gryffindor on their History of Magic tutoring lessons.

Remus cursed loudly before running out the door.

"Are you alright, Peter?" Alexis tilted her head to the side, inspecting the fidgeting boy. Peter had suggested they took their tutoring lesson out to the grounds, claiming the fresh air would do him good. At first she didn't think much of it, but once she noticed the boy was getting increasingly nervous she knew there was more to it.

"Lexi, I need to talk to you." He swallowed hard. "A--About James."

She frowned, looking up from her scattered notes. "What about him?"

Peter's hands were unbelievably sweaty as he kept his eyes down, knowing she would be able to see right through him if he looked her in the eye. And that's the last thing he wanted, for her to see through his lies. He didn't know why exactly he decided to pull through with a plan he had thought of at 3 in the morning, but his desperation was growing and so was his lack of judgement. Besides, how bad would it truly be if he told a tiny little lie about finding James sleeping with Lily?

"Well, the thing is we were all hanging out in the common room last night. But then I suddenly noticed that James wasn't there," he blabbered nervously, "which was odd, you know? He's usually the life of the party. So I went to check on our dorm and -- I'm so sorry to te--"