• La rivière coule en toi

(The river flows in you)

They won't tell you fairytales
of how girls can be dangerous and still win.
They will only tell you stories
where girls are sweet and kind
and reject all sin.
I guess to them
it's a terrifying thought,
a red riding hood
who knew exactly
what she was doing
when she invited the wild in.

The End:Part 4 of 4Cheers!

The End:Part 4 of 4
Cheers!

Alexis Potter knew exactly what she was doing, although many questioned it, and despite the ill perception some may have upon assessing the situation she had gotten herself into. Maybe some people deemed her every synonym of the word foolish they could find in a thesaurus, and she did not blame them, for the situation did not look like it particularly favoured her. But Alexis Potter knew exactly what she was doing, or else she wouldn't have gotten this far.

On that windy night of October, five unconscious bodies rested on the cold hard floor of the Potter residence. A horrifying scene for any unfortunate soul who stumbled upon it. Heartbreaking for those who longed for a happy ending. Vesubio Street looked haunting that night, a place that had lost its glorious warmth. A place that should've been abandoned per Dumbledore's suggestion, becoming nothing but the haunting notion of what could have been. They should've fled, Dumbledore had said so, they should've gone into hiding so Lord Voldemort wouldn't find them. But Alexis, in a very hormonal state of mind, argued that she was more than capable of looking after her own child, thank you very much, and that the Potters would be staying at 19 Vesubio Street regardless of what some prophecy stated. She didn't quite understand her own agenda, all she knew was that she understood Tom better than anyone else, which surely gave her an advantage. She knew she had to trust her gut when it came to the matters regarding her brother, but sadly no one seemed to agree with her on that one.

The arrangement had naturally caused many marital fights as James utterly disagreed with his wife's stance, which led to many foul arguments and odd sleeping arrangements that had James sleeping on the couch. He was desperate, willing to do whatever it took to keep his family safe, but Alexis' plan seemed to be a passive game of "wait and see" which was draining James of all patience and sanity with each passing day. She had chosen not to run, not to hide, and she stood by her decision, even if there were five unconscious bodies laying on the cold hard ground. And now the sound of steps was echoing throughout the house, causing her to grip Harry a little tighter.

Remus and Sirius had been accompanying James on his sofa nights, wanting nothing more than to provide more protection to their beloved friends amidst all the chaos. They were utterly mortified, as one would expect them to be, but had taken the smart decision of not taking sides on James and Alexis' fights and instead opted to simply watch on silently as the married couple bickered incessantly. Their bodies were now laying near the lounge area, approximately eight feet away from each other. Their wands were still in hand and the frowns hadn't disappeared from their face, but that didn't matter anymore, Voldemort had already made his way past them.