Chapter 3

"Y'all better not come to my studio with that fake sh*t
Y'all better not come to my funeral with that fake sh*t
Y'all better off realizin' there's nothin' that y'all could do wit' me
All I ever asked is keep it eight more than 92 with me, one hunnid
L.A. n*ggas be the craziest, yeah, one hunnid
L.A., all I ever asked is one hunnid
L.A., L.A. n*ggas be the craziest, one hunnid
All I ever asked is one."
The Game ft. Drake "100"

August

"I got what you want (got what you want)." Ever since I rediscovered Nicole Wray's music. I've just been on a binge. Her debut album was so good. Missy and Timbaland have such great ears for talent and production.

It's been a couple of months since I came back to L. A. This has become home my home ever since I got signed. It took while to get settled in. I didn't really know who to trust, but I've made a few friendships with some real people since then. Los Angeles is filled with so many pride living fake lives and I can't be associated with that.

I have a small squad consisting of Chris, Rotimi, and Sean. They were the only ones who were willing to show me the ropes and they have my back.

I can't get Honey out of my mind. I just wish I could see her and talk to her again. I went back to the strip club last week to see her, but one of the bouncers told me that she quit a week before and he had no idea where I could find her.

It would be a miracle if I saw her here in L.A.

After I sent out that tweet about her, people have interrogated me to death about her identity but I kept my lips sealed. I don't want to jinx anything before anything actually happens between us.

I need to find her before I go crazy because she has taken over my mind. Whenever I'm doing something, the thought of her pops into my head.

What did she do to me?

"Last night, the crowd was lit the entire time. I hate award shows where people just sit down and watch. They act like they don't jam to these songs in their cars." Chris said, snapping me back to reality.

"I know. I was nervous as hell about my performance ever since we started rehearsals. The butterflies got worse during the weekend. I think I was a little shaky at first, but I pulled through. It was good for my first televised performance."

"I thought you were doing fine. You did get more comfortable when Chris and Trey got out there with you." Sean replied.

"Award show performances are just like concerts, but with more celebrity guests and elaborate stage designs. Don't worry; this is only the beginning. You'll get more comfortable after a couple more sets." I nodded at Chris's words.

Chris, Sean, and I are currently relaxing at a secluded spot on the beach a day after the BET Awards. Rotimi had to go handle business today. I was nominated for four awards. I won two out of four and I couldn't be more grateful. Some people can be nominated for like ten awards and still walk out empty handed. My victories last night basically said to my doubters that they should look out for me because I'm coming to leave a mark before I call it quits.

 My victories last night basically said to my doubters that they should look out for me because I'm coming to leave a mark before I call it quits