Chapter 5

"If it's lovin' that you want
Then you should make me your girl, your girl
If it's lovin' that you need
Baby, come and share my world, share my world
If it's lovin' that you want
Come and take a walk with me, walk with me
'Cause everything that you need, I got it right here baby, baby."
Rihanna "If It's Lovin' That You Want"

August

My stomach is turning. Chris thinks it's just gas. Sean suspects that I'm hungry. Rotimi believes that I have butterflies from anxiety. Dijon just told me some medical jargon that went in one ear and flew out the other. Rotimi's answer is the only one that makes sense right now. Ashanti and I been talking a lot since our last encounter at the park. I love her honesty, bluntness, and funny personality.

When we FaceTimed while I was at the studio yesterday, I admired how she could still look amazing in her scrubs after a long day at work. My boys were there and they got to meet her. I knew she was most excited about talking to Chris because she's supposed to be his number one fan. They instantly clicked and I had to make sure their bonding time was cut short before I lost her.

For Independence Day, Six Flags closes a little later than normal tonight. We decided to come here since our ladies are booked and busy with the exception of Ashanti because I invited her. I'm currently waiting for her at the entrance, constantly looking at my phone. I can't lie; my feelings would be hurt if she stands me up.

"Bro, chill out. She'll be here. You told her to come at 8; she still has 15 minutes. We'll meet you inside. Dijon squeezed my shoulder before walking off. I paced back and forth, making sure my disguise was still in place by lowering my hat. I told Ashanti how to locate me in advance by describing the hat to her. I also told her to bring a jacket because of how cold it gets at night.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I rode my head up and I saw Ashanti standing before me, dressed casually but looking good enough to eat. God took his time when he was creating her.

pic

It surprised me that she wasn't dressed up to impress me like all of the other girls I've dated. I remember when I took my old girlfriend to a cookout and she was wearing some high *ss red bottoms with some short *ss shorts and a crop top. Like who was she looking good for? She was looking too grown for her age.

Y'all should've seen how she busted her *ss when she tripped and fell into my Aunt's pool. I didn't help that girl get out the water. Sh*t, nobody told her to borrow her momma's shoes. I don't even know if they were real or fake.

Boy, Momma was pissed. She has forbidden me from bringing any girl home unless we're serious in order to avoid any embarrassment.

"What's poppin, Ashanti? You're looking beautiful tonight." I'm a gentleman, so I had to make her feel special.

"I'm good, Auggie. I'm excited to go on these rides and get my grub on. Thank God today is one of my cheat days." She's been calling me that since our talk in the studio and I kind of like it. As long as she doesn't call me Auggie in front of the boys or in public, we're cool.

"Let's go then. I already got you a ticket." I handed it to her.

"Aww, thank you. I could have paid for it myself."

"When you're with me, you can get whatever you like. There's no limit." I did the bold move of holding her hand and received a smile. Everything is going smooth. Chris texted me to meet them at Cyclone 500. That is my favorite attraction here.