Chapter 32

"Raise a cup up for all my day ones
Two middle fingers for the haters
Life's only getting greater
Straight up from nothing we go
Higher than the highest skyscraper
No Little League, we major
The proof is in the paper."
G-Eazy ft. Kehlani "Good Life"

August

"August, why aren't you carrying anything? This is not what they call team spirit." Sean asked me with Chris and Rotimi trailing behind us. We just arrived at Chris's new crib in Tarzana.

We went to Costco to buy some things for the crew's mini pool party/barbecue like hot dogs and hamburgers

"I'm holding the keys in my hand." I pointed out.

"N*gga, open the door. I need to drop these groceries, so I can use the bathroom." Rotimi complained. Everybody is just whining today.

"You could have gone at the store." I replied, slowly opening the door on purpose. He shoved me out the way and ran inside when I unlocked the door.

"I was starting to wonder why you guys were taking so long." Jhene said once we entered the kitchen.

"We had some trouble deciding what ice cream to buy." Chris explained.

"Chris, I gave you guys a list!" Ashanti exclaimed.

"What happened was, August dropped it and the wind carried it away." He explained, essentially snitching on me. Chris doesn't know how to keep his big mouth closed. I don't think Queen is going to believe him anyway.

"I'm not surprised."

"What? You automatically believe him without hearing my side of the story?"

"I've given you something to hold before and you lost it."

"When?" I crossed my arms across my chest. She always has an answer.

"Last month at Party City, we bought the balloons for Teyana's birthday party and I had to go back to get my phone that I left on the counter. You said that you would wait for me instead of going to the car. When I came back, you were glued to your phone and the balloons were gone."

"Michael texted me. You know how he gets when I don't immediately respond to his messages, overreacting and getting all serious on me." I tried to defend myself.

"Five minutes wouldn't have killed you. I don't even think I spent more than 2 going in and coming out."

"Well, you should have put your phone in your pocket." I was not going to lose this time.

"I was wearing a dress and it didn't have pockets." Oh.

"Hush mode." Karrueche lowly uttered while unpacking the groceries with the other girls. They left the meat out for Sean to grill outside.