Chapter Ten

Ava's POV

"It's your fault we died Ava. You fucking fault. You're a disgrace and unworthy to be called our daughter." My parents say to me. I close my eyes and cry.

"Don't fucking cry we should be the ones crying because of you we're dead. Hope you're happy bitch." They reply. I sob harder once again. Then everything fades away.

I wake up screaming and gasping for air. It's all my fault. I repeat the thought in my mind. I scream again, crying. The darkness surrounding me makes me feel trapped. Then the lights come on and I see Evan's concerned face and he looks over at me.

"Ava what's wrong? " he asks. I can't respond. The words are trapped in my throat, my eyes grow wide, and Evan becomes more concerned. I suddenly begin shaking and crying. Evan's arms wrap around me to comfort me.

"Hey, it's okay, you don't have to tell me now, tell me later" He says gently. The shaking stops after a while and I lean into his chest more. He responds by tightening his grip a little bit to make me feel secure and I do only for a bit. After my thoughts recollect I ask the one question I have needed an answer for since we started dating. I turn my head to look and him and part my mouth to speak.

"How is it that you're still with me? I'm a freak, I don't deserve you, or anyone." I look down and squirm out of his grasp.

"Ava, do you really think like that?" He asks. I nod as I look at him.

"Ava, I love you, and I'm not just saying that. The first time we met I've always felt something with you. You're not like any other girl I've met. You're smart, beautiful, and you've got a great personality. You're different from the others, you're like a rose in a garden full of daisies. You're one of a kind and I don't care about your past, what you did, and what you tried to do yesterday. It doesn't make me think that you're a freak. It makes me think that you're brave. And sometimes even the bravest break, and they have their hardships. But, Ava, mark my words, I love you and I'll do anything for you." Evan replies and I'm flabbergasted. I'm speechless I have no idea that this is how he felt about me. Tears now surfacing to brim of my eyes, I blink them away.

"Evan, I didn't know this is how you felt about me. It makes me feel appreciated, loved, wanted. I love you too." I say, crying. He leans in for a kiss and I let him kiss me. It's one of those passionate and sweet kisses. We then break apart and I look at him and he looks at me.

"Ava, I don't know what I would do without you. You're my everything and if you-" his voice cracking, "if you killed yourself yesterday, I wouldn't have been able to move on with myself. I would've blamed it all on myself. I realized that you are what makes my life so much more." He says.

"I promise I won't do it again Evan I promise. I would never want anyone to feel what I felt who my parents died. The guilt it eats you alive, inside and out, there is no escaping it unless you end it yourself." I say.

"I would never let that happen to you. I promise." He says kissing my forehead. He looks at me once more and parts his mouth,

"Now, let's go back to sleep shall we?" He asks smiling. I smile and snuggle close to him as we drift back to sleep for the remainder of the night.

A/N:

Short yeah I know. Just a filler sorry I'm kinda stuck :/