25 - Not Me

"Your CEO is avoiding me" The man went straight to the point as soon as the rude woman was gone.

                Giving him a slow smile, I leaned forward and placed my chin on the back of my hand. From the start, I knew the Arabic Prince's interest was not me. His target had been my pretty CEO.

"Oh?" I tested. "Now why would Alex avoid you Mr. Shah?"

"You tell me" He countered.

"If you have been serious about business, he would have not shunned you" I stated honestly.

"I am very serious"

"Your character contradicts your words" I continued to smile. "He hates your type the most"

"He hates or you hates?"

"Does it make any difference?" I laughed softly. "You came to me knowing he and I are alike in mind"

                Malik Shah didn't respond to my statement. Instead, he sipped at his scotch. I can tell the Arabic Prince's mind was calculating a plan.

"Are you bored?"

                My sudden question caught his attention.

"All these targets aren't challenging enough anymore?"

                He only smiles.

"Don't waste your time with Alex"

"Oh?" He finally spoke. "Care to tell me why?"

"Alex knows what he wants" Unlike me.

"The more difficult the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

                That is true. But a person's emotion should never be played with. I didn't bother to tell the playboy prince because the man will not understand it. He was a wealthy, royal prince who was used to having everything even before he knew he wanted it. If he wanted someone, he or she will be his. For a person who never failed, they will not understand what it is like. And when they fail for the first time, it'll become their lifetime regret. My instinct told me Alexander Locke will become Malik Shah's lifetime regret.

"I guess this conclude our business" I stood with intention to leave.

                He wanted to know Alexander Locke standpoint. And I wanted to know his.

"Have a good night Mr. Shah"

                Before I entered the jazz club, I'd sent a text to my assistant to have a driver waiting outside the club and a pilot on standby to take me back to New Haven. I had let Malik Shah take me to New York for dinner, but it doesn't mean I will let him take me home afterward.

                Once I exited the club, I saw the unmarked dark blue sedan and headed toward it. Before I reached the car, I was grabbed by the arm and spun around to face the smiling Malik Shah. With a hand around my waist, the man held me close – teasingly so. I kept my calm while blocking his lips with my Hermes clutch.

"This method will not get you on his good side" I educated him.

"But it will get his attention" He chuckled softly.

                It didn't escape my ears at the clicking sound of cameras. Glancing behind the prince, I saw a figure in the shadow and frown.

"Getting on my bad side is never a good thing" I stepped on his foot but the man didn't flinch as he let my waist go.

                Ignoring the man who is now officially on the hit list, I stepped into the waiting car. Eyes closed, I leaned back against the leather seat. An annoying feeling crept up inside me knowing I had fell into the playboy's trap.