38 - Calls

George allowed no visitation while I recovered from my cold. The only person he allowed entrance was the physician who came to examine by condition. Of course, there people who tried to see me after hearing I was sick, but the old butler told the receptionist in the main lobby no every time. Even in my room, I could hear the old man's stern calm voice refusal to accept guests on my behalf.

Stopping people entrance to my home was surprisingly easy. Stopping people from calling was another story. When James Lind called to scold me, I laughed. Andrew Marks was turned away by George so had to report back to the big boss. The big boss, AKA James Lind, was stunned and so called me, scolding on why I turned away his people. When I told him I was sick, he sighed tiredly like he didn't know what to do with me. Afterward, the sweet of grandfather of mine told me to rest well.

After grandfather phone call, a strange number appeared on my phone. When I answered to Rose's voice, my older sister begin to apologize. She had tried to visit me again that morning and learned that I caught a cold when she was denied visitation. I listened wryly as the woman blamed herself for getting me sick. She believed that she had caused me stress and anger; thus, lead to me fallen ill. While she continued to pour her guilt at me, I kept wondering how she got my personal cell number. The conversation with Rose was short and one-sided. I didn't say a word while the woman continued to apologize and then told me to rest well before she hang up.

I stared at the phone wryly, wondering why there are so many strange people in my life. Just as I was about to put the phone away, another call went through. I recognized Aion's number, more specifically, Eli Frye's office number. I debated on answering, but in the end, picked up on his calls. Before I said hello, the man already asked how I was feeling. I was speechless by the unusual softness in his voice. Staring at the number displayed on my cell phone, I checked if it was Eli Frye's office number. When I confirmed that it was, I listened to the awkward silence. Only when I replied that I was fine, the man replied and told me to rest well.

Before I pondered on Eli Frye's call, Alexander Locke number flash through the cell phone. Like James Lind, as soon as I picked up, the man scold me. He had expected me to be at Allac and had sent someone to pick me up in case I tried to play hooky. When he learned from the driver that I was sick, he called to check if I was sick or not. My hoarse laughter proved that I indeed caught a bad cold. Instead of treating me nicer, the man just get meaner. How stupid was I to get sick because of meaningless words from insincere people? How stupid was I to get sick because some guy was trying to chase me?

"Let people say what they want to say. You don't have to listen if you don't want to" Alex lectured. "If he wants to chase after you, so be it. You can't force him to stop so why stress about it? Hell, use and abuse the hell out of him if you want to"

I smiled into the phone, listening to the pretty man nonstop scolding.

"Stupid brat, if I hear you get sick over something stupid like this again, I'll shave your head"

Laughing softly, I listened as he told me to rest well before hanging abruptly on me.

Like I said, there are so many strange people in my life.