Chapter 2

Six-thirty. The time I have been taught for about my whole life to wake up at. The alarm started to buzz and I turned it off.

It didn't really matter, though. I have been awake for the past hour. It was finally the day. The day I've been waiting for for the past too long to count.

It's the second last month of the school year.

Wait, second last? You're crazy, James. Who likes the second last when you can like the last month left of the school year?

Well, I do. And for reasons that will not be stated for now, I was heading to the library after a ramen noodle breakfast. Quick, easy, instant, tasty, ramen had it all. Even ten for ten deals at the right supermarket.

It was now six-forty five. Shower, then off to the library for a bit of studying and my one of two chances to meet people.

But, meeting new people was difficult for me. Very difficult. So difficult, it's like a blind man telling me the difference between a blue car and a red one.

Why? It's because, I am tormented by one thought and one thought only.

That, maybe it'll never happen.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The library was its usual quiet self. Few people on the computers. A few readers here and there. I was reading a book full of quotations. It had everything from animals to yo-yos. I read memorizing the better quotes for a good ten minutes. I was about to leave when I heard a crash. Everyone in the library shushed the people who caused the hullabaloo. I checked out my book on quotations and went to the crash site. There was a girl with straight black hair standing next to the pile of books. A girl with a brown ponytail was underneath the rubble. My book of quotes part of my brain kicked in.

     "There is no furniture more charming than books." I managed to say. I somewhat smiled, but the girl with the straight hair glared at me.

     "A little help." the girl underneath the pile said quietly. After all, it was a library.

     "Gladly." I said. I picked up a book and plopped it on the sorting cart near the pile. Then, I decided it would be much quicker to do so, and I just pushed the remaining books off of her. She then got up, brushed herself off, and used her right hand to push away the hair that swung in front of her face. Brown eyes. Some freckles here and there. Straight white teeth. The above average look for a girl. Her friend seemed perterbed as she picked up her friend's red Jansport backpack.

     "Hello, I'm Ja..." I was cut off.

     "Thanks for nothing." the black haired girl snapped back. The brown haired girl gave an apologetic look. Then, the two girls left, leaving me in their wake. This was a fun day.

     "They forgot to clean up their mess." I muttered to myself. I shook my head in defiance and loaded the remaining books onto the sorting cart. The librarian gave me a thumbs up. I gave my best smile I could. I decided to leave this place and come later. I exited the cool, air-conditioned paradise known as the library into the warm wilderness. And this world, today, was ready to be conquered. Ready to be conquered by the greatest person in the world that could.

Which, in turn, eliminates myself as a possible conqueror.