Chapter 32

The police and fire department and paramedics arrived shortly after I was still crying over James's body. Carl was apprehended.

That was all four months ago.

James's Aunt Hannah almost didn't go to the Nursing Academy in New York. But she did anyway after I convinced her it was what James would've wanted.

His funeral was held two weeks later. He was buried right next to Keith and Amber. The ceremony was exceptionally heartbreaking, since the only biological family James had left was his Aunt Hannah.

I ended up visiting him for the next four months. After that, my father said I had to move on. I had to live the rest of my life.

I said okay, but I kept on visiting everyday for another three months. Through rain or extreme heat, I went. I didn't care what obstacles were in my way, I had to visit him.

And before the movers could seize his room, I had to find out what he meant about his book.

It was challenging. His room had books practically everywhere. He had many odds and ends like a No Parking sign from nine am to four pm (except holidays) and a Newton's Cradle on his desk. I looked around, finding a bunch of books, but none was on Isaac Newton. Until finally, I had found a heavier book that was made of metal that had Mr. Isaac Newton's name plus some German I didn't understand. I examined it and found a small keyhole on the inside cover. I took his key he gave me and opened it up. Inside were three items.

One: a small piece of paper folded over approximately five times.

Two: a small piece of graph paper folded over approximately four times.

And three: an unmade package of Instant Lunch Ramen.

The two pieces of paper were probably what he wanted me to look at. The ramen was questionable, but I took it anyway. I opened the first piece of paper (not graph). It was a poem written by him.

Maybe It'll Never Happen By: James Ignis All Rights Reserved.

There is one controversial phrase

that I would like you to see

I'm going to say it to your face

because it has only happened to me.

What is this phrase, you ask?

I don't think you wanna know

After all, it has been a giant task

To arrive to it right now.

This phrase perplexes the mind

It confuses the very best

Even if you read it from behind

It manages to baffle you like the rest

Sorry, let's get to the phrase

As you can see, I'm stalling

Because as you look at me a little bit fazed

The world around me is falling.

The great and powerful phrase of almight

That to you, causes mishappen

And as you ask me, "Are you okay?"

I say: "Maybe it'll never happen."

Asi read it five more times (it says it perplexes and I'm no exception), I wonder, is it true? Is the answer and meaning to life this controversial phrase? It clearly says maybe it'll never happen. Not it'll never happen. Not maybe it'll happen. But, maybe it'll never happen. It has the perfect mixture of truth and covering the miracles. Miracles, are they the things that happen to us or the ones that don't happen to us? According to mathematical means, only you can be 97.5% positive about something (see the bell curve). Never 100%. Or 110% (which is impossible). This phrase covers that 97.5% and that extra 2.5% that counts as miracles, coincidences, and lucky guesses. This phrase that James came up with, is the solution to everything. Will I win the lottery? Maybe it'll never happen. Will I be famous? Maybe it'll never happen. This phrase covers all Yes and No questions this world has to offer.

And that's my philosophical moment of the day, check.

So I got the second piece of paper. Apparently it was graph, so either he didn't have any paper left or it was a graphical representation. I had a feeling (a very, very, very, strong feeling) that would be the second one. And, I was correct.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6162/6187330993_22d09a4e5a_z.jpg

I totally understood the reference. And lastly was the unopened package of Instant Lunch Ramen. I decided there was only one thing I could do.

So after a couple of minutes, I was eating instant ramen that tasted much better for some reason than I've ever eaten instant ramen before.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\