Chp.10 What Do You Fight For?

~Kitsune~

Lavi and the others were doing their best to get rid of the akuma. The level three akuma smiled as he watched Lenalee slowly hitting the water activating one of her abilities. It chuckled then activated its ability.  Miranda notice something different about her innocence. She looked down to see a weird purple like chain around her right arm where her innocence was at, just hovering over it.

"W-What is this?" Miranda questioned.

"None if you exorcist will see daylight ever again." He said before dashing towards her, knee if her in the gut.

Lenalee spat out blood and jumped back to create distance between them. She then felt like she was slowly sinking in the water. She looked down with her eyes wide. She didn't understand why she was sinking. She looked up at the akuma to see it smiling at her.

"What did you do to the boat?!"

"Eshi dark matter controls gravity. When Eshi fights, he weighs down Eshis opponent with this dark matter. It'll slow you down and you'll lose."

She felt something weighing her down. She looked down to see purple chains hovering over her. She tried breaking the chains but the start to shot out sparks.

"It's useless you cant escape."

When she look back at the akuma, she was punched in the face. She went down in the ocean. The akuma punch and kicked her. Blood came out of her mouth as she floated down deep into the ocean. Heavy weight was weighing her down. She could see the akuma above her.

"Title...The maiden who drowned in the dark."

Lenalee could watch her blood flow up as she fell down. She felt like she was losing herself. She felt powerless. She couldn't move a single muscle in her body. Her body was so heavy. She could see everything getting darker.

Kitsune....

Kitsune shot up and breathed heavy. Her sight was hazy. Her heart pounding in her chest. It felt like it was about to burst out of her chest. She rolled over in her bed onto the floor. She grip her shirt and breathed heavy. She knew something was wrong. Was it the feeling that she felt before? Or was it something different? No, it was what she felt before. Her sight was getting blurry that she couldn't see anything. Then it was black.

Her chest was throbbing as she stood there in front of a large window. She grip her shirt with her right hand.

"Kitsune! I finally found you!" She heard a familiar voice say.

"Lenalee? What are you doing up late? Came down for a late night snake or drink?"

"No! Not that!" Lenalee responded then she notice something wrong by the way Kitsune held her shirt. "What's wrong Kitsune?"

"I-It's nothing really! Please go back to bed." She said waving her left hand out in front of her.

"Kitsune!" Lenalee grab her left hand. "If you don't want to tell me that's fine but please...don't slip further into the shadows. Don't disappear! Don't sink into the darkness." She said as her head was down.

"Lenalee, what's the matter? You haven't been yourself since we met. The others told me that you've been acting weird. Did something happen? Did you have some sort of dream?" Kitsune asked as she saw tears brim her eyes.

Lenalee quickly moves forward to embrace Kitsune and told her everything that happen in her dream. Kitsune wraps her arms around Lenalee's shoulders.

"Lately I've been having that same dream over and over again. It's like I'm seeing the future or something. The details they're so....horrifying. So when I woke up and didn't see you, I had a bad feeling and got up to look for you. I'm sorry but...I'm so glad that you're alright."