Chp.17 Time of the New Beginning

~Kitsune~
She stood on the boat as the rain poured down. The new uniforms works great. It kept her warm through the cold. Allen stood next to her as they both stare at the new headquarters. Allen's golem was floating next to his head. She heard the door slide open and shut.

"You two will catch a cold."

They turned their heads to see Lenalee and Johnny walking towards them. They face towards them.

Allen smiled. "Hmm I think we'll be fine. These uniforms are pretty warm."

"See what did I tell you Lenalee." Johnny said with a huge smile on his face.

Lenalee giggled as she made her way besides Kitsune. Lenalee instantly grasps Kitsunes right hand with her left hand. She leaned into the warmth of her body. They both look at each other. Lenalee smiles as Kitsune gave her a small smile. Allen and Johnny were watching with smiles on their faces.

"Excuse me. We're on a mission. Be ready to get off the boat, we're almost there."

"Oh brother, you're up. Are you feeling any better?" Lenalee asked as everyone watched Komui.

"Please don't make me talk anymore otherwise I'll throw up." Komui says looking sick as everyone but Kitsune chuckled.

She stood by Komui as she watched Allen create gates so everyone can move to the new headquarters. Allen created the last gate. Link walked through the gate before Lavi and Bookman walked through. She knew what was about to happen. But she didn't expect it so soon. She turn her head towards Komui and gave him a knowing glance. Komui saw the glance and he sighed as the inspector walked through.

"Nicely done inspector Howard and Allen Walker. Come with me, Walker. I have orders for you to follow." Rouvelier said with a smirk.

Kitsune glared at him as she felt Lenalee grab her hand. She look at her out of the corners of her eyes. She felt her squeeze her left hand. Kitsune responded by squeezing back to comfort her. Komui looked at her before walking with Rouvelier. She leaned down to whisper into Lenalee's ear.

"I have to go. I'll be right back." She said before letting go of her hand and took a step back. She look into her violet eyes to see longing. She could tell that she didn't want her to go.

Kitsune reluctantly turned her back to her and followed Komui. The crows lead Lenalee and Johnny to the library. When Kitsune walked into the room she saw Allen on the floor with the restraints on his arms. He finally go to his feet with a like little struggle. She noted the confused expression. She knew what he was thinking. She would've thought the same thing.

The crows led Allen Walker to a room where Cross was in. Kitsune stood in the corner with her arms crossed as she leaned against the wall. She stared at the machine where they could hear what was being said.

Allen walk through the door to see his master. General Cross dinking a glass of wine. The four crows that led Allen to the room create a barrier around them. Lavi stood in one of the corner of the room. The darkness hiding his figure.

"Mana...he was involved?" Allen spoke.

"Yes, he was. The fourteenth did have a older brother. Since the time of the fourteenth betraying the Noah and the Earl killing him. There was also that one person besides him the whole time... and that was Mana Walker." Cross spoke as he took a sip of his wine from the glass.

Allen was shocked from what his master had said. "Did...did you know this all along?"

"Yes, I did. When the fourteenth died. I made a promise to him that I'd look after Mana. And he promise that he'll return to Mana's side. You, Allen, you promise me that. Or should I say...the fourteenth?" Cross said as he turned around to face Allen.