Present

"We're gonna go soon... I just have a present for you." He cocked his head to the side.

I bit my lip and held my breath.

"What's the present?" I nervously asked.

"It's right inside my jacket," Jungkook answered.

He begins reaching inside his jacket and I close my eyes.

What could it possibly be? Food? Money? Or perhaps a... gun?

Was he gonna finish off what Namjoon originally wanted to do? Was he gonna shoot me?

"P-please don't kill me," I squeaked, barely audible.

Bravely, I finally opened my eyes. Instead of seeing an assassin pointing a gun at me, I confronted a confused Jungkook looking at me strangely.

"Kill you? Why would I want to do that? I only want to thank you," he simply chuckled.

He finally pulled the mysterious object from the inside of his jacket pocket.

I squeaked and covered my face with my hands.

Jungkook sighs.

"Y/n, chill it ain't a weapon."

Slowly, I lowered my hands from my face. Jungkook was holding a small box.

"Uh, what's in there?" I pointed at the container, wrapped in a bow.

"It's what you deserve...for being brave."

He opened up the box and there was a glimmering item. He took the object out and I was mesmerized by its beauty.

"It's a necklace..." I whispered in awe.

"Yup. It's a gift from the jeweler at the mall... when you risked your life to save all his money. Still can't believe you outran all those robbers and led them straight to the police."

"Ehh, that was all luck though." I modestly shrugged like it was no big deal.

Jungkook nodded. "Yup, luck, bravery and stupidity. You got it all."

"Hey!" I playfully punched his shoulder.

I took the necklace from Jungkook's hands. It was really so beautiful. It was a simple pendant with a bright blue crystal. It would fit well with my outfit so well.

"The jeweler has fantastic taste..." I️ admitted.

"Well, it was me who picked it out. I originally intended to get it for my mom, but I found another important woman in my life. One who's alive. And although annoying, she's a source of light for me in my dark mind."

I was wordless from his confession. It was really heartwarming to hear, after all the pain he admitted to me. I️ was so glad that my presence had a positive impact on his life.

After awkwardly not saying anything for a few seconds, I wrap the necklace around my neck, but I couldn't fasten it.

"Do you need help?" Jungkook came closer.

Without my response, Jungkook used his hand and lightly pushed all of my hair to one side. While he was fastening the necklace, I felt his warm fingers grazing against the back of my neck, with his chest lightly pressed against my back. I shuddered against his touch.

"There...done." He finally fastened the necklace. His fingers were still touching my nape and I quickly jumped away, after realizing he wasn't going to move himself.