Golden

I finally gain consciousness. I felt no pain in my body. If anything, I felt healthier and more youthful than I ever have in my life.

I open my eyes. All around me, I am surrounded by a glimmering, bright shine, as if the sun came from every direction.

I found myself sitting under a tree, a warm breeze blowing my long hair.

I begin to stand up, and beneath my feet are.. moving clouds! But I didn't slip through, and they felt like fluffy blankets beneath my bare feet.

My eyes finally adjusted to the brightness.

In front of me, is a woman in her early 30s with glossy black hair. Her skin was glowing from within, her cheeks painted with the most perfect pink.

"Where am I?" I wondered.

"You're in the Heavens. It's where all the righteous people move onto after they pass away."

"I-I died?"

"Yes," she answers.

"I didn't know it would be that quick." I shake my head in disbelief. "Who are you?"

"I'm Soo Ah." She grins, flashing a set of even, white teeth.

"You're Soo Ah Jeon, Jungkook's mother?" I widen my eyes..

"Yes, the legendary and one and only." She shyly poses.

I bow. "It's an honor to meet you. Your son Jungkook has been looking for you, for a long time."

Soo Ah sighs. "Both of my sons. After I died unexpectedly, I was in a place called Limbo. It's where souls who can't accept the reality of death reside. I left Taehyung when he was a mere baby and Jungkook was left all alone, too. I felt so much guilt for hurting both of my sons, but you were able to reunite them."

She grins. "Thank you so much. I've finally been able to move onto the afterlife, seeing my sons accompany each other after years of loneliness."

I bow again. "It's no problem. I care for both of them."

Her lips curl into a teasing smile. "I know you care for Jungkook in a different way, though..."

My cheeks heated. "I do..."

"You know, I always knew you were a special girl at school functions. Little did I know, you'd be the one girl to make my son's heart beat so fast everytime he sees you."

I'm well aware of his feelings, but I can't stop smiling.

"I like him a lot, too. He's a pretty easy person to like."

"Are you ready to move onto the afterlife?" She asks me.

"No." I honestly answer. "But I will try my best to."

She shrugs. "Maybe you won't have to move on."

"Huh?"

"Jungkook was meant to die. But you changed fate. You defied the powers of Heaven and Earth to protect your beloved."

I gulp and she continues.

"After your sacrificial kindness, the Heavens decides you may resume your life on Earth."

"Why?" I ask.

"If Jungkook gets another chance to live, then why not you?"

I'm shocked but grateful.

"The Heavens are a pretty amazing place." She taps on a tree branch, and it immediately grows a flower that looks like it was made out of real gold. "But you should have a fulfilling life, until it's your time to come to the spiritual world."