Celebrity

I awoke from my slumber and I was disappointed to find Jungkook not to be peacefully sleeping in my embrace. Instead, I was all alone in my bed, my arms holding a pillow.

    I mean, what else did I expect? I gave Jungkook a confession, comparing his existence to magic, and he rejected me. He doesn't want me and he doesn't want to be with me.

He'd rather hang out with his gang doing evil things.

An aching in my heart started yesterday and it's getting worse now. I've been rejected a few times in my life and this was the worst I've ever experienced.

I just wanted Jungkook to leave his gang and come with me to safety, and he refused. It wasn't even a full confession of love or asking for a commitment to a relationship, yet his rejection felt just as awful.

And I know why. Because every minute Jungkook was away from me, a minute closer he is to dying.

Well, I don't know if he will take his own life. Time has reversed and I have changed the events of the past. Yet, I don't know if his suicidal thoughts have altered. I don't know if I did anything to help him.

Jungkook has confessed a lot to me, but his confessions were frightening. Just because he was honest with me, it doesn't mean the demons following him won't leave his mind.

I don't know if I made things better or worse.

But I tried, right? I tried my best. I went through tons of obstacles. I put my life down on the line and yet he doesn't want to take my help.

   I can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved.

   I check the time and it was 4:21 PM. I shower, comb my hair, wash my face and brush my teeth. I put on a sweatshirt, jeans and keds- my style was comfortable and practical. I wore the necklace Jungkook gave me. It was the only thing I had of him and I needed to be reminded what my duty was.

     My parents weren't home and I was thankful for that. I knew my brother would be at his friends until 9- I had plenty of time to go out and come back.

    My parents gave me some money on the table for lunch- I made myself a sandwich at home and used that money for a cab.

    The cab drops me off at Geum's jewelry store.

    Taehyung would not respond or call me back. I haven't had contact with him since I last saw him and Jimin at Geum's- it only seems proper to go where I last saw them.

    I open the door and walk to the cash register. Instead of the perky red-head from yesterday, there was a brown haired man that took her place.

    "Yes, Miss is there anything you need?" He grins politely.

   I check his name tag and his name is Jihoon. "Yes, Jihoon, there is. There was a red-head yesterday named Byeol working here- is there anyway I can speak with her?" I request.

    He checks the log-book and seems confused. "There is nobody named Byeol working here. And I would know if someone with bright red hair had a job here."

    "Are you a new worker? She helped me out yesterday to look for engagement rings," I explain.

   He seems offended that I was questioning his position. "I have been working here for the past 5 years and I can assure you, I would know if there was a Byeol."

  Now I felt angry. I might be ditzy at times but I know that I'm in the right jewelry shop.

    "Can you check the security cameras? I can assure you that Byeol was working here yesterday!" I blurt out.