Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I stared at the ceiling, not wanting to get up. I didn't get much sleep the night before, but thankfully it was Saturday and I was able to sleep in. Of course my body didn't want to sleep in so the past few hours basically consisted of staring off into space while thinking about what happened the day before with Jaxson. I could've died yesterday and I saved Jaxson Knight's life. Not only that, but I was officially had his attention and it never ended well for anyone who gained the attention of the Knight family. To add on to that, Jaxson threatened to kill me if I ever challenged him again. I had no doubt in my mind he would keep his word since his family was professionals in killing people.

My phone ringing pulled me out of my thoughts and I picked up my phone to see that Michael was calling me, again. I had ignored his calls and texts all night because I knew I shouldn't tell him about what happened with Jaxson. I had a feeling Jaxson wouldn't appreciate me telling people what happened, but at the same time everyone knew that the Knights were involved in illegal shit. I was pretty sure Jaxson would be pissed if word got out that a random girl had to save his life. He reputation would be ruined.

"Hey Michael." I reluctantly answered the phone. Yelling reached my ears and I flinched at the sudden loudness, pulling the phone away from my ear. It took me a minute to understand what he was saying because in reality and sounded like gibberish to me at first.

"Why the hell are you ignoring me? I thought something happened to you when you didn't text me back last night!" He yelled. I smiled at the thought of him being worried, but the smile slipped off my face when I remembered that he should've been worried.

"Michael! I'm fine, I was just busy last night," I reassured him. The line was silent and I started to wonder if he hung up on me before he finally spoke up.

"Meet me at the park by the purple dinosaur," He instructed before hanging up. My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as I looked at my phone. What the hell was that? It wasn't like him to demand shit like that and we rarely hung out on weekends. He was my best friend but he was lacking a car and lived out in the middle of nowhere. Plus, his family was pretty strict about things even though he was 18, but he was still living under their roof.

I sat in bed for another minute before climbing out and heading to my dresser. I threw on a pair of black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, and a blue New York Police Department hoodie. I pulled on my combat boots before making my way to the bathroom. My brown hair was a complete mess and I tried to brush through it as much as I could. It was still a mess so I ignored it and quickly brushed my teeth and put on a small amount of makeup before heading back to my room to grab my grey beanie. I headed downstairs to see that my dad and his boyfriend on the couch, both of them on their laptops while the TV played a random movie.

"Hey dad, I'm going to go hang out with Michael," I told my father. He didn't look up from his computer and gave me a small "okay", acknowledging that I was leaving. I rolled my eyes and left the house. My mood instantly dropped when my gaze landed on my truck. A few noticeable bullet holes could be seen on the driver side. I was thankful that my father had yet to leave the house or he would have seen them. If he did, I would have had to play dumb because there was no way in hell that I was going to tell him the truth. He wouldn't take it well if I told him his daughter was in a high speed chase because two people with guns were chasing Jaxson Knight. Hell, he would probably freak out the second I mentioned the Knight family. Everyone in the town knew to stay away from them, they were dangerous.

I got into my truck and I went to plug my phone into the aux cord, but stopped when I noticed something was sitting on my passenger seat. I picked up the brown leather wallet, trying to figure out where the hell it came from. Dread filled my body when I opened it up to see Jaxson's ID photo staring back at me. Curiosity took ahold of me and I could help myself when I started going through the rest of his wallet. He didn't have much, just his ID a few cards, and a few hundreds and 20s in cash. I was expecting more cash, but he probably had most of his money in his bank account. I could only imagine the amount of money he and his family had. My family was middle class so we didn't struggle, but we were nowhere being as wealthy as the Knights.