Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I ran out of the front door, slamming it shut behind me before racing to my truck. I came to a screeching halt when my eyes landed on Jaxson's C7 Corvette that was parked behind my truck. The bad boy sat in the driver's seat, his head facing down as he was too busy doing whatever on my phone. I wanted to say I was surprise to see him there, but in reality I wasn't. He didn't say a word when he dropped me off last night, but I knew that wasn't going to be the last of him. Even if he wasn't about to leave me alone, I was still planning on staying the hell away from him and the rest of his family. I was officially done with the Knight family.

I jumped on Jaxson's sport bike he had yet to take back, knowing I could get away from him in it compared to my truck. I slid the helmet over my head and started the bike, the engine roaring to life. I revved the bike and glanced over my shoulder to see Jaxson finally looking up from his phone. Horror flashed over his face when his eyes landed on me, but I was already taking off. I flew out of the neighborhood and down the main street, allowing myself to lightly weave in and out of people, but not enough to put other lives in danger. I didn't care enough to glance behind me, but the whole ride to school I could hear Jaxson's Corvette right behind me. I pulled into my parking spot, causing heads to quickly turn to look towards me. I tore the helmet off my head right as Jaxson pulled up behind me. He jumped out of his car, storming over to where I stood with a scowl resting on his face. I smirked and crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for Jaxson to reach my side. I didn't miss the way students' eyes widened when they noticed what was going on. It was never a good thing when the bad boy was storming towards someone, but I knew he wasn't going to hurt me. After everything I had been through with the Knight family, I knew I was safe with Jaxson. That didn't mean I was about to start hanging out with him, though.

"What the fuck was that? You could've wrecked!" He roared, his eyes blazing. Even if I knew he wouldn't hurt me, I couldn't help but flinch at his tone.

"Leave me alone, Jaxson," I muttered. I spun on my heel and walked away, causing gasps to erupt from the people that were close by in the parking lot.

"Lily!" He hissed, grabbing onto my arm. He pulled me towards the small building where ROTC was located in. I tried to pull my arm away in an attempt to not have my association with Jaxson get out to my instructors, but he was too strong. I had no choice but let him drag me into the building and into the male locker room.

"Out!" He barked at the few boys that were in there. They jumped to their feet and scrambled out of there, not caring if they left their shit behind. Was it wrong that I found Jaxson attractive with the way he scared the living shit out of people? He was fucking hot when he bossed people around.

"What do you want?" I sighed. Jaxson finally let go of my arm and I watched him start to pace around, running a hand through his hair. My eyes wandered down his body to see he was wearing his famous leather jacket, a black t-shirt, and light blue jeans. He still looked hot, even if he had noticeable bags under his eyes. There was light bruising on the bottom of his right cheek and a cut on his lip. I wasn't sure if those were there the day before or not.

"My dad isn't done with you. I'm not leaving your side until this whole thing blows over," Jaxson explained. My heart literally stopped at the thought of Mr. Knight not being done with me. I thought he got what he wanted. What more could he have possibly wanted for me?

"I'm in this mess because you wouldn't leave me alone in the first place!" I pointed out, my anger getting the best of me. If it wasn't for him taking interest in me, I would have never met Mr. Knight in the first place. What Mr. Knight was doing seemed like a way to piss off and ruin his son's life. If I didn't get associated with Jaxson, his father would have never noticed me. I should have left him in the parking lot when he was getting shot at.