Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

As much as I was dreading going home, I was dreading going to school even more. Not only would I have to deal with the countless makeup work I no doubt would have to do, I had to deal with the people too. Though I had a feeling the kids wouldn't be much of a problem, seeing as it was my first day back at school as the bad boy's official girlfriend. Jaxson had never had a girlfriend before so I had no clue how people would react, but I had a feeling they wouldn't say shit to me about it.

"Bye dad!" I called over my shoulder as I made my way out of the house. I let the door shut behind me before making a beeline to Jaxson's Corvette. He had just pulled up in front of the house, but in reality he had it parked at the end of the street and stayed the night. He said some bullshit about protecting me from his father, but I had a feeling he just wanted to spend the night with me. I couldn't protest to it since I loved waking up to him by my side.

"We don't have to go if you don't want to," Jaxson told me once I got inside the car. I rolled my eyes, but I already knew he would say that. He didn't really care for school, even if he was secretly smart, and would have preferred to just pay off the school instead of returning. I wasn't like him, though, and was actually looking forward to having some routine in my schedule. Besides, school was something I was winner in and I could definitely use a winner feeling.

"Unlike you, I want to go to school. Besides, I have a shit ton of work to catch up on him," I reminded him. He huffed but took off, accelerating at an ungodly speed with ease. He didn't give me much time to have a mini freak out before we arrived at school, parking next to David's Charger. David and Henry were leaned up against the Dodge but stood up straight when Jaxson and I got out of the Corvette.

"Ready to scare the shit out of people?" David asked, a smirk on his face. I gave him a mere smile, mostly because I knew that I personally wouldn't scare the shit out of anyone. I was happy, though, that he was being nice to me. I guess me confronting him convinced him to actually like me instead of thinking I was going to hurt Jaxson. I was sure that almost dying had something to do with it also.

"As much as I would love to do that, I actually have to get my makeup work," I said. He lifted on shoulder as an attempt to give me a shrug as I was already walking away. Jaxson was by my side in an instant and intertwined his fingers with mine. Butterflies erupted in my stomach but I kept a straight look on my face. At least I tried to keep a straight look on my face but it broke when Jaxson stopped before entering the school building and turned to me, pressing his lips against mine. I couldn't help the goofy grin that swept across my face as we entered the building. All eyes turned to us and honestly, it felt amazing. In my almost four years of high school I was never once the center of attention, except during ROTC. Those were only when I was bossing people around so it wasn't necessarily the good kind of attention. Then again the attention I was getting with Jaxson by my side probably wasn't the good kind either. Though it was pretty nice how students were quick to get out of our way, but that was all on Jaxson. The entire school was still terrified of him, even though he was showing some emotion by holding hands with a girl. Was it weird that I found it sexy that he scared the shit out of people?

I dragged Jaxson to all of my classes so I could get my makeup work. Well, I didn't necessarily have to drag him seeing as he wasn't about to make me wonder the schools alone. I highly doubt his father would try to kill me in the middle of the school hallway surrounded by students, but I didn't mind him staying by my side. It was probably for the best since not one teacher denied me my makeup work, not with a Knight standing behind me.

"I could get use to this," I smiled once I got all my work. Of course Jaxson didn't even attempt to get any of his work. I didn't understand why. Jaxson was fucking smart and high school was easy. He could earn his straight A's without threatening people. Hell, he would probably love the challenge of school work if he actually gave it a try. Maybe one day I could get him to actually care about school, but until then he could help me with the hours of makeup work I had to do.