Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I hoped Jaxson wasn't trying to tell me something because I couldn't hear shit over the roar of the engine and the wind. I gripped his waist tightly, my body pressed against his. Jaxson weaved in and out of traffic, probably breaking every traffic law possible. We flew past everyone and I had no doubt in my mind we were going well over 100mph. Thoughts of crashing spun around my head, but I tried to push them down. We would definitely crash if I had a panic attack on the bike. I just had to hope that Jaxson was a pro at riding.

It wasn't long before Jaxson pulled into a small parking lot. He parked the bike and we both climbed off. He undid my helmet, his hands brushing against my neck again. I tried my best to ignore his touch as I looked around to see where the hell we were at. Once the helmet was off I was finally able to realize we were in a parking lot of a tattoo shop.

"Why are we here?" I asked, turning my attention back to Jaxson. He set the helmet down on his bike and a smirk tugged at his lips.

"According to you, I owe you a tattoo for saving my life," He replied. I wanted to argue with him, but there wasn't much of a point. The only reason I didn't want him to repay me because I wanted to avoid him, but I was already stuck with him since he drove me. Besides, I was dying to get a new tattoo. I saved up all my birthday and Christmas money along with putting away some money I earned from babysitting for a new tattoo. If I allowed him to buy me a tattoo I could either use that money for something else or buy another tattoo. He could also buy me a more expensive tattoo, something that would take me a long time to save up for. He did owe me because I did save his life. If it wasn't for me he would have been shot to death. At that point I couldn't see any reason for him not to pay for a new tattoo for me.

"Fine, but after this you're going to leave me alone since you'll no longer owe me anything." I told him. The smirk that tugged on his face disappeared and he gave me a curt nod, turning his back to me and heading inside. I chose to ignore his actions and instead followed him inside the tattoo shop. The smell of ink and incense hit my nose and my eyes traveled around the countless works of art hanging up around the shop. An older man came around the corner to greet us, but turned all his attention to Jaxson.

"Is this the girl?" He asked, the Russian accent clear in his voice.

"Yes, give her whatever she wants," Jaxson replied before making his way across the shop to sit down. I watched him sit down before focusing on the tattoo artist standing before me. He gave me a nod and turned around, motioning for me to follow him. We made our way into the front office and I filled out some paperwork while he took my ID, probably to verify that I was actually 18.

"So what do you want done?" He handed me my ID back once I finished filling out the piece of paper. My body froze, realizing that I had no clue what I wanted. I wasn't expecting Jaxson to go through with getting me a tattoo so I didn't start to think about what I wanted. I did have an idea of what to get, but I wasn't sure how well it would work. My arms were still covered in fading scars, but they were still easy to see. I wanted to get wolves running down my upper arm, which was free of scars, but that would mean having to show the rest of my arm. I wasn't sure I wanted to risk Jaxson seeing them. Who knew what he would say about them; I highly doubted he would understand. I mean he didn't seem to view my panic attacks as being bad, but a panic attack was different from self-harm. At the same time, why the fuck would I care what Jaxson thinks? I didn't care and I wasn't about to start.

I pulled out my phone and started showing the artist the type of tattoo I wanted. His eyes lit up and right away he knew what to do and how to make it unique and original. Excitement started bubbling within me as I went to sit down while the artist got everything set up. I approached where Jaxson sat and he mindlessly scrolled through his phone. When he heard me come in he raised his eyes to meet mine and raised an eyebrow.