Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

My eyes slowly opened and a smile spread across my face at the feeling of being extremely rested. That, of course, was until I realized that I was not in my own bed or in my own house. My body shot up out of bed, letting the covers fall off of me. Everything hit me at once. I was naked in bed at Jaxson's cabin, who was nowhere in sight. Shit. Shit. Shit. I had sex with Jaxson fucking Knight. I was a fucking idiot. Clearly I was an idiot because Jaxson wasn't even here. He left me like I'm sure he did with all the other one night stands he had. Fucking idiot. To think that part of me thought he actually liked me. Why did I have to like the school's bad boy? I was warned, I knew better, but I still let myself form a crush on him. Not only did I like him, but I had sex with him even after what his father tried to do to me. What the fuck was wrong with me?

Anger and pain drove me to throw the covers off and scavenge the cabin for my clothes. My dress was where I left it in the bathroom and my bra and panties were literally on opposite sides of the room. Images from last night popped into my head, causing my cheeks to heat up. As amazing as it was, I pushed the images out of my mind and focused on getting the hell out of there. Once I had my clothes and shoes on, I headed outside to see that Jaxson's motorcycle was under the little cover. A grin slipped on my face and I went back inside the cabin, my eyes scanning the room until they finally landed on his keys. I snatched them up before heading back outside to the sport bike. While I had never actually drove one before, from my research and time riding a dirt bike, I assumed that I could figure it out. Within a minute I had the bike on and was slipping Jaxon's helmet onto my head. After a rough start, I was soon flying down the dirt road that led to the cabin. I made sure to not slow down as I passed the Knight's house when I turned onto the actual street. Down shifting, I hit the throttle and took off down the road, hitting 100mph in only a few seconds. I couldn't control the laugh that escaped my lips as adrenaline coursed through my blood. Jaxson may have gotten sex out of me, but I got his bike.

******************************************************************

I was going to pass out. Or throw up, I hadn't yet decided which one would win. At that point I wanted to do both because of who was standing in front of me. Jake stood only inches away from me, his blue eyes staring into mine like he never even broke up with me. Suddenly all the progressed I made of forgetting about him completely went out the door and the only thought that ran through my head was that I wanted him back. My heart yelled at me to beg for him back, to tell him how much I still loved him and to promise that I would do better if he took me back. To repeat everything I had already said to him when he first told me he was dumping me for another girl. Of course at the time I didn't know there was another girl, but that was beside the point. The point was that Jake was standing in front of me with that innocent looking smile on his face.

"Hey Lily."

His smile absolutely took my breath away and I could feel myself falling under his spell again. I needed to get the hell away from him before I did something I'd regret.

"What do you want?" I glared at him, bringing myself to remember everything he did to me. He was an absolute piece of shit. He manipulating, emotionally abusive, lying son of a bitch who cheated on me and I could not allow myself to fall for him again. I had to just keep that thought in my head so I could remember that no matter what he says, it would be a lie.

"Just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out some time," Jake gave me a one shoulder shrug, that stupid smile still on his face. My guard automatically went up even though a part of me wanted to say yes. Maybe if I said yes and hung out with him, he'd take me back. Or he could screw me over again and fuck me up even more. Was I willing to take that chance?