Chapter Twenty-Three

My mind was awake before the rest of my body, which led to waking up with a pounding headache. I automatically snuggled closer to the warmth next to me, but a second later I was being pulled closer to the figure. I let out a happy sigh and almost fell back asleep when my mind clicked into place. Oh shit, who the fuck was I lying next to?

I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted with Jaxson's sleeping face. I froze as the memories from last night came flooding back to me. Going to Paul's party, drinking way too much and getting drugged by Paul himself. Paul... Jaxson coming in and saving the day, like always. I wasn't sure what happened next, but whatever happened led Jaxson to sleep in the same bed as me. Did we get back together? What the hell happened after I blacked out?

"Shit," I muttered, a wave of nausea crashing into me. I threw the covers off of me and sat up, only to realize I had no fucking clue where I was. I didn't recognize the bedroom we were in, but I didn't have time to figure it out when another wave of nausea hit me. I jumped out of bed and went to the closest door, which led into a small living room. Only then did I realize we were David and Henry's apartment, but once again I let that thought scatter to the back of my mind.

"Lily?" A voice spoke up. My eyes landed on Henry, who was in the middle of sitting up on the couch.

"Bathroom," I breathed out, my hand going up to my mouth as bile rose up my throat.

"There's one in the bedroom on the other side of the room," He quickly replied. Before he even finished, I was racing back inside the bedroom and to the door across the room. I flung the door open and basically slid across the floor to the toilet. I made it just in time to empty my stomach into the bowl, which led to me dry heaving for another five minutes. Not even a minute into it I felt someone walk in behind me and gently pushed my hair back, holding it so it wouldn't get in my way. The person gently rubbed my back as I debated if I needed to throw up again.

"Please kill my now," I mumbled. I closed my eyes and leaned against the cold cabinets in an attempt to cool down my feverish body. A sigh was let out behind me and I reluctantly looked towards the person. Jaxson stood behind me already fully dress, just missing his shoes and signature leather jacket. His hair was a mess and bags still hung over his eyes, but he was as attractive as always.

"I need to leave," He told me, his grey eyes looking everywhere except for me. Was I that horrible to look at? I guess I got my answer to what happened the night before. While I wasn't sure exactly what happened, it was clear that we didn't get back together. All the hope I had when I woke up completely went in the toilet, along with vomit when more nausea hit me at full force. By the time I finished puking my guts out, Jaxson was nowhere to be seen. My heart broke a little more, if that was possible, but I pushed the feeling down. Instead I crawled back into the bedroom and climbed back into bed. The bed felt cold without Jaxson, but there was literally nothing I could do about it. There was nothing I could do to convince Jaxson to take me back and it was driving me insane.

"What the hell is going on, Jaxson?" David's voice reached my ear. I opened one eye and turned my body towards the door to see that it was open, but I couldn't see anything out of it.

"Nothing's going on," Jaxson replied, his voice gruff. I could picture him with his arms crossed and glaring at David, his grey eyes throwing daggers that could kill.

"Bullshit. You're still in love with Lily."

"No I'm not, she's just a random girl."