Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

As soon as my mind was awake, I was shooting up while my eyes flung open. My eyes scanned the room as my last memories flooded my mind. Except I didn't focus on that, instead I focused on the fact that I had no clue where I was. I wore sweat pants and a white t-shirt while I sat on a twin size bed with a shitty mattress. Three walls were a cream color while one was green, probably so they wouldn't make anyone go insane with lack of color. The only other things that sat in the room was a shelf, dresser, and a desk. It didn't take a genius to realize that I was in a fucking mental hospital. What the fuck happened?

There was a small knock on the door before it opened a second later. Dread filled my body as Mr. Knight stepped into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Get away from me!" I screamed, scooching back on the bed until my back was hitting the wall. Panic set in and pain shot through my chest as it started tightening up again. Tears streamed down my face as he made his way towards me, a smirk on his lips. I couldn't move, the only thing I could do was stare at him with wide eyes as I gasped for air.

"Thanks to your little breakdown at the therapist office, everyone believed my story when I told them you're schizophrenic and obsessed with me. No one will believe the truth," He told me, that smirk still plastered across his face. I didn't dare say a word, but that was probably due to the fact that I physically couldn't. The only thing I could do was no try to pass out while I kept my eyes glued to his slowly advancing figure. As soon as he reached my bed, he bent down so he was eye level with me, his face only inches away from mine. I wanted so badly to lash out and protect myself from him, but instead I cowered while on the verge of passing out.

"Jaxson will never find you."

With those last words said he straightened his back and spun on his heel, walking out of the room. The door slammed shut behind him and I took that as a chance to focus on my breathing. He was gone, I was safe. I repeated those words over and over again in my head until my chest and throat loosened, allowing air to finally reach my lungs. Once I felt like I wasn't going to pass out, I jumped off the bed and headed straight towards the door. I wasn't surprised when the door didn't open, but it still sent disappointment through me. I let out a groan before turning towards the windows, but even then they didn't have a way to open them. I was locked in the room with no escape, which was I was sure Mr. Knight wanted. He knew that Jaxson would come rescue me the second he knew where I was. As long as I got to a phone, I could call Michael and tell him to tell Jaxson where I was, since Michael was the only phone number I had memorized. I could only hope that my best friend wasn't mad enough to ignore my plea for help.

****************************************************************

I had been in the mental hospital for a day and it definitely made me want to kill myself even more. They put me on an antipsychotic medicine that caused me to process things slower, my whole body to basically have random spasms, and prevented me from falling asleep. I was involuntarily admitted, of course, which meant that I basically had no rights, was watched 24/7 by a nurse who did not like me, and had no access to a phone whatsoever. That wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was that Mr. Knight was right, no one believed me when I told them the truth. The only person that believed me was a guy who had schizophrenia that was in my group therapy, which definitely didn't help my case. It was starting to make me feel like I was actually schizophrenic and I made up the whole thing with Jaxson and his father, but the tattoo on my arm told me I was still sane.

"Lily, it's time to go see Dr. Powell," My nurse told me. According to her, I needed to call her Nurse Griffin and she was a total bitch. I wasn't terribly sure why she got in the field of mental health, but it probably had to do with the fact she loved bossing me around. I couldn't even pee without her being right there and judging my every move. She made my stay a living hell and it only made me get out of there even more.