chapter 1

30 sep 2018

You have to read the prologue to not be confused.

--

My eyes opened and I blinked at the light hurting my eyes.

"Turn off the light" I mumbled.

"Nathan, the sun can't turn itself off " Mum voice sing- sang just like everyday.

Yesterday after the wedding, we returned home and I didn't talk to her about anything. She knew I didn't accept her marriage and there was no point in talking to me.

But we had a tradition my dad invented.

No matter how angry we were or were opposed to any decisions one of the members made, we wouldn't fight. We would always talk to one another when we're calm and not spat harsh words to actually hurt each other.

Dad was gone, but, I'll respect his rule and make as if nothing happened.

I would talk with my mom when I'm calm which I'm definetely not at this moment.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes as my lips stretched into a yawn. I got up and stretched my body and as usual, my knees gave up and I fell face first on the ground.

I groaned, rolled under my bed, layed my cheeks on the cold tile as the long bed sheets covered me from the real world. No one would see me if they didn't know me well.

"No more sun to disturb me" I mumbled to myself. I always do that when the sun light becomes an ass and penetrate through my thin curtains. Besides, the tiles are always more comfortable! I wonder why I don't sleep under my bed all the time.

Oh yeah, thank you for existing spiders.

"Nathan, you do remember that we're moving out today, right?" Mom said and my eyes widened.

Shit, I forgot because I wasn't listening to her!!

My head shot up but as I was under the bed, I hit the wooden surface and whined dramatically.

"That's what you get for sleeping under the bed" mom said while I ignored her, rubbing my head. I pouted and huffed.

"I'm not moving out and that's final" I said, returning back to sleep on my tile but heard a knocking on the door.

"Grace?" A voice I remembered from the wedding said and my eyes widened as I realised that this was the asshole who bruised my hips!

"Ah Drew, where's your brother and dad?" Mom asked sweetly and I rolled my eyes, pressing my left cheek on the floor.

I wasn't going to come out under the bed and greet him

He was mean!

"They're at the kitchen emptying the fridge as always. Anyway, I can't see your son" He said, emphasising on the 'son' and the memory of what happened replayed like a broken record

We'll make your life a living hell

Was I the only one who heard the malice he hide in his deep, sexy- um evil, yeah, I meant evil, voice?

That's my queue to answer

"He ran away with the devil who likes him more than anyone does" I shouted and heard mom's sigh

"Is he...? " He trailed in an amused voice and I could imagine the expression of my mother pulled into a frown that meant 'Unfortunately, that's my son'.

"Yes, he's under the bed. You usually have to coax him for him to get out" Mum mumbled while I gasped, realising that she just stated that I was a dog. I crawled out the bed, peeking through the long covers that touched the ground and glared at her.