chapter 7

//

Drew's P.O.V

//

[9.24 P.m]

Shit!

Andrew and I sat on the sofa, watching as dad and Grace paced anxiously in the living room.

Grace was crying and I felt really bad that I was the cause of it.

Fuck, what did I do?

"Where is he? He hasn't even texted me! He isn't even answering our calls! I called his friends but they said he isn't with them" Grace said  anxiously and my stomach clenched in guilt.

"Did something happen, boys?" Dad suddenly asked in curiously and U looked down, clutching Andrew's hand.

"I'm sorry" I whimpered and started telling dad what happened since Nathan arrived.

Grace's eyes widened while dad looked dazzled, as if he couldn't believe what I did.

I felt even more ashamed when Grace looked at us in hurt.

"I just want to know why you did it, that pendant was the last thing he had from his dad!" she exclaimed and my eyes widened.

Tears started falling down my cheek and it was the first time since long that I've shed a tear.

It's all my fault, as usual.

Everything is my fucking fault!

Why can't I be perfect like Nathan was?

Caring, generous?

Why did I have to be this way?

Andrew hugged me and I clutched his shirt harder.

"I'm sorry dad, I didn't mean for it to go that far! I was just angry that he got you both's attention more than us. I'm sacred that now he's here, you'll forget about us and we'll be back to being alone. You didn't come to my football match because you were busy preparing Nathan's arrival. I had to watch every parents hug their sons, congratulating them; mom pampering their sons! Me, I just wished my mom was here but she isn't. You are but you weren't there at that time! Then, you started including Nathan in all activities we did together, to bond for the five fucking years you weren't here! But no, you were busy looking after Nathan's comfort. I was scared that you would leave us again, this time, you'll be close yet, so far from us. I was scared that it was all going to be about Nathan. What if you start comparing me to Nathan? 'Why can't you be like Nathan? Nathan, Nathan, Nathan!' He's all you talk about and I was tired of hearing his name, knowing I'll never be good enough! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" I sobbed loudly while Andrew hugged me tighter.

"It's okay, sweetheart, whatever happens, I'll always love you more. Fuck, you're so perfect my sweetheart, even I failed to know how you felt. You're my everything Drew, everything" he whispered, pecking my forehead gently and I whimpered loudly knowing it wasn't true.

I thought that dad would be angry at me for being so stupid or childish but instead, he pulled me and hugged me tight. I continued to sob on his neck and felt his body tremble, drops of water falling on my skin.

Dad pulled back and slapped my head softly, his eyes filled with tears.

"You silly boy, I love you both so much! I'll never ignore my precious sons just because of Nathan. I should have told you that Nathan was very close to his father. His mom told me that the poor guy was a living corpse for two whole months and he still hasn't get over his dad's death, that's why I was trying so hard with him. I know it's my fault though, I should be sorry. I shouldn't have left you with her, I shouldn't have ignored my responsibilities. I should have been here for you two during those five years, but, I ran away like a coward and I know you suffered the most, Drew. I still remember how you would flinched everytime I tried to touch at first. I'm sorry that I made you so insecure about our father- son relationship, Drew. Just know that I love you more than anything in the world, I love you, my sons and you have to accept that Nathan is also one of my son now. That doesn't mean I'll love you less! You're still the same thirteen-year-old boy I taught how to play football. I'm the one at fault Drew, Nobody is perfect Drew, Nobody. But we learn from our mistakes." Dad said in tears.