Love

Raymond was surrounded by warmth.
     He had never been so comfortable in his life. The blankets on the bed he was on were thick and heavy, almost like someone was hugging him. He heard a calming whirring sound- likely coming from the air conditioning. He wished he had that in the mausoleum. That and heat.
     He heard a faint voice coming from another room. Quietly, he sat up and listened.
     "-glad I could reach you. I wanted to let you know I won't be in class today," the voice said. Raymond raised his eyebrows. It was Isaac.
     "My..friend has been missing for about four days, and I just found him last night. He's kind of shaken up, and I wanted to be there for him."
     There was a pause. "Yeah, I'm almost done. I can email it to you by the end of the day," Isaac said.
     Another pause. "Thank you so much. I'll tell him that. I'll be back before the end of the week. Thank you." There was a click, and then there were footsteps.
Isaac walked inside the bedroom and climbed into bed next to him. "I'm taking the day off," he muttered.
     "You don't have to do that. I'll be okay."
     "I'll be worried the whole day if I leave you alone." Isaac inched closer. "You weren't doing too well last night."
     Raymond had almost forgotten the events of the previous night. He frowned thinking about how much he had cried. He was pathetic.
     "You look like you want to say something." Isaac interrupted his self deprecation.
     Raymond shook his head. "It's nothing. I don't think you feel the way about me the way I feel about you."
     "..Well, how do you feel about me?"
     There was nothing Raymond could say except the truth. He was tired of dodging questions and lying. "I think you're so sweet and generous, and I just want to lie here with you all day. I want to kiss you and hug you, and..I don't know."
     "Ray.." Isaac sighed. "I don't know what I want. I don't think I'd make a very good boyfriend."
Raymond blinked in surprise. "Why? You're great!"
"I'm just..so scared of trying new things. I sometimes just wish I could go home."
"I'll go home with you whenever you want. I need to get out of here."
"I don't have the money to keep going back and forth."
Raymond then gasped, suddenly remembering what he had done before he left. "I forgot to tell you. I got a job interview."
     "Ray!" Isaac's face brightened. "That's great! Where?"
     "Some boutique. Everyone gets their church clothes there. I scheduled it for Friday since I knew I'd be gone."
     "That's so great. God, that's..so great. I might get a job, too. I already did the interview."
     "I'll be more productive than I've been since a hundred years ago." Raymond smirked.
     "We're gonna make sure that you live normally. It'll be like starting over. You'll have a whole new life."
     "What about when you're gone?"
     "That's a long time from now. We don't want to be too negative."
     Despite what Isaac said, Raymond still had that worry in the back of his mind, that pit in his stomach. He worried about anything- from things that had already happened to things that were many years away. He worried about Isaac's death. He worried about Isaac becoming older while he stayed the same.
     "Y'know, I don't think we'll be able to lay here all day."
     "I agree."
     Isaac leaned closer, their faces almost touching. "I can kiss you, though."
--------------------------------------------
     "Are you alright?"
     Isaac stood from afar as Raymond stood in front of his family's headstones. "This cemetery is so old," Raymond said. "The only reason my family is here instead of their hometown is because this is one of the only ones that existed."
     "Ray, are you alright? That's what I'm asking."
     "I don't know."
     "Do you want me to leave you alone?"
     "Oh, I've mourned enough. Before you came along, I would come here every night. I still never cried, though. I just hid my face, like I was ashamed to look at them."
     "Are you ashamed now?"
     "No."
     "Do you need anything?"
     "I need to get over this."
     "I understand why you haven't, though. I hope you know that."
     Raymond stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I need a drink."
     Isaac thought. "Let's pack up the mausoleum. You can bring your stuff to my house."
     "Why? What are you saying?"
     "You don't deserve to live in that crummy old place. I want you with me. Diablo can come too, as long as he craps outside."
     A huge smile grew on Raymond's face, and he rushed towards Isaac with his arms open. They hugged each other, and Raymond was practically jumping up and down.
     "Thank you, Isaac! Thank you! Thank you!"
     "It's no problem, really!" Isaac laughed. "I like having you with me."
     "Me too. God, I can't wait. I love you. I can't wait!"
     Taken aback, Isaac raised his eyebrows. Had he really just said that?
     "I..I love you too, Raymond," he finally replied. "I love you in the best way possible."
     He was so tired of denying it. He loved Raymond- not like a puppy or a sibling. It was more like love love. Feeling calm when they're around, feeling comfortable around them, sharing secrets, kissing, presents, intimacy, listening to them while they cry and hugging them when they need it most kind of love.
     Isaac agreed- he couldn't wait.