Moving In

Once Isaac got home from school the next afternoon, he and Raymond decided to start being efficient. After setting aside Raymond's old mattress and pillow for donation, the two of them began to arrange his stuff. Bottles of blood went into a tall cabinet, his book went into Isaac's makeshift shelf (otherwise known as the inside of his nightstand), and his cat stayed in the bedroom. Diablo, though he seemed to enjoy the bed, definitely liked the outdoors more. At least there was no cleaning to be done.
"Have you talked to James and Andy since I ran off?" Raymond asked, sitting on the bed. Their bed now.
"Yeah," Isaac replied, plopping down next to him. "A lot, actually. Andy and I got in some huge fight because I hadn't called the police after such a long time. Sure, if you don't know the truth, it looks bad, but..I couldn't just tell him. I'd be sent to the crazy house."
"Yeah. I've been wondering for a while whether or not I should tell them. Andy seems interested in vampires."
"This'll seem selfish, but I'd kind of like it to be our little thing. Like, only we know. Besides, I don't know how to feel towards Andy."
"I like it too. I'm sure he was just concerned. Maybe if the two of us go over there and explain, he'll realize he was wrong to get so angry."
"I guess. James got real mad at him, so at least I'll have him backing me up." Isaac smiled, and he felt Raymond nudge his shoulder.
     "Let's just get it off your mind." Raymond stood up. "I thought we were being efficient," he said once he noticed Isaac's hesitation.
     "You sure are good at commitment," Isaac smirked.
     "Well..I got myself a job, so let's see how good I am with that."
     Isaac gasped and hopped out of bed. "You got it?" He asked, jumping up and down. "That's amazing!"
     "Yeah, it is." Raymond grinned. "I'm really proud of myself."
"You should be. I don't know if I'm going to get mine."
"Well, I've been offered a pretty good pay. I don't mind supporting us."
"I just don't want to be useless."
"You're not useless." Raymond grabbed his hand. "I don't even remember how to drive."
Isaac giggled. "I don't have a car yet. I'll get one, just..not now."
"You really don't need to drive anywhere around here. Everything you need is walking distance. It's good exercise."
"Speaking of walking, should we go over to the shop now? I want you there with me since they were so worried about you."
"Of course. They'll be happy to see me."
"Not as happy as I was." Isaac squeezed Raymond's hand and led him out the door.
He was proud to hold Raymond's hand on the street.
--------------------------------------------
"C'mon, idiot." James held on tighter to Andy's arm. "Say you're sorry."
"Why should I be sorry? I didn't avoid the police even after my friend was missing for four days!"
"James, please." Raymond ran his fingers through his hair and stepped forward. "I disappear like that a lot. Sometimes I just need a break, and normally I'm not used to telling people about it since no one usually cares. I should have told Isaac. This is my fault."
     Andy rolled his eyes. "Alright, alright. Whatever. I'm sorry."
     "That wasn't sincere," James said, frowning.
     "I don't want to be sincere, for fuck's sake!" Andy yanked his hand away from James's grip. "Leave me alone!"
     "Hey. Don't do this. You know why I'm getting so upset about this, right? You know how I feel."
     Andy's eyes softened for a second, then he glanced over at Isaac and Raymond.
     "..Yeah," he sighed. "I do."
Isaac gave Raymond a confused glance, which he seemed to ignore. Andy walked up to them and nodded.
     "I'm really glad that you're okay, Raymond," he said.
     Raymond blinked. "Oh, uh..thank you. Thank you very much."
     "I'm sorry." Andy then turned around and made his way to the back room, closing the door behind him. James smiled.
     "Damn. You really convinced him," Isaac said.
     James kept his hands in his pockets. "Yeah. He really didn't mean it when he called you that word. He just forgot how much it upsets me."
     "Why does it upset you?"
     "I..dated a boy. In high school. I heard that word everywhere. From my dad, at school, at church..that's what stopped me from going to church. That, and becoming a complete atheist."
     Isaac's eyes widened. "Really? Whoa."
     "You two can do whatever you want. Kiss, hug, hold hands. Or, you don't have to do any of those things. You just need to be careful around here."
     Raymond gave a small smile, nodding as James talked. "Thank you," he said. "God, nobody's ever been so..accepting of me."
     James patted his arm. "Come hang out sometime, okay? Let's talk vampires."
     As James walked off after his brother, Raymond squeezed Isaac's hand back.
--------------------------------------------
     I'm sorry for the wait I've had writer's block aaaaaa
     ONE MORE CHAPTER