32,

Dear Myself,

It's the final full week of the summer break and what else did I decide to do to myself? I created a blog, without anyone's help but all thanks to a suggestion from a user on Twitter who has won awards for their posts over the course of the last five years. I knew that there was a market for talking about books and writing poetry/stories since some users I follow online have all done well getting free items from publishers. Hopefully, I can keep this blog up, maybe either updating once a week or spending one day just typing up a bunch of posts and then scheduling them for various days in the week.

First things first, I brainstormed a name, aims and types of posts I would make. At A-Levels, we used mind maps primarily just to get notes down quicker so that method seemed best for planning. Not really sure whether to use my real name, some of the suggestions I made were really random. Hi, I Like Books was one title I wrote down, Me and Books was another. After a few hours of writing and crushing up pages of stupid suggestions, I finally settled on a name I liked.

The Bookish Life of Morwenna

My symbol is basically a dragonfly across a stack of books since when I was a toddler, I used to try and catch them in the garden but nine times out of ten, I would end up falling over and scraping my knees! The aim of my blog is quite simple but important and that is to read, write, be passionate and keen to explore new styles. I reckon that reading early in the morning so that it doesn't interfere with College is a good idea, Michelle is letting me borrow one of her spare units to store books on it so the days of stacking on the floor are for now all but over. Posts wise, I plan to review books, share some random writing and talk about any events I go too or just ideas I want to write about. It's my home now online for me to be me which I love.

When the house was empty (only the second time that's fully happened since I moved in), I experimented with various blog designs just to see what would appeal to my dreams. Some of the fonts seemed dark and unappealing but one in particular, a nice indigo colour caught my eye and once applied, the writing really flew off the page. You could read it and not strain your eyes too much. Obviously, it was a struggle trying to connect all of my social media links in with widgets but once all done, the format started to look professional in my opinion. I hate to say this Diary but I ripped a page out of you and wrote down some sort of a timetable for posting uploads to my blog on days I am away from my laptop. Two copies are stored on my laptop and phone so that I don't forget and skip a day by mistake.

The next challenge I had to overcome was writing an about me page for anyone who randomly stumbled onto my blog and wanted to know who the hell I was and why I started blogging. I'll let you critique my about me for yourself:

I am Morwenna, an eighteen year old girl who seemed to find that instant connection with books and writing at an early age. I recently completed the April Camp Nanowrimo achieving my goal of 30,000 words and a finished novel. I studied A-Levels but now have decided to follow a role in Childcare and work with the personal and social developments of young children under the age of five. I love to read YA and have enjoyed visiting local libraries and bookstores in the past to discover new and upcoming reads.

On average, I finish two to three books a week and then write some little thoughts down about them, whether the storyline stood out to me or if I felt unconnected towards the characters. I'm an honest and passionate person however likes to give some constructive criticism when politely asked. My future goals with this blog are to connect with other bloggers, readers and writers and continue to share my love of books to others no matter what happens in my personal life.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hit the subscribe button to be notified of new posts whenever they get uploaded.

Morwenna.

Was that too personal do you think? I didn't mention about me and Michelle being together because quite frankly, I'm scared what other people's reactions are going to be. Trolls can be cruel and mean. If my family ever found my blog, I really don't know how they would take it. Happy that I'm doing something productive or angry that I'm sticking to reading and writing. I've already started planning for new projects to be released later in the autumn online since the feedback on my Camp Nanowrimo novel has been so insightful and encouraging. The reads have continued to increase which feels me with hope that I'm doing something right for once.

As a writer, you have to remind yourself that not everyone will read and enjoy what you write. It's a way of life, I know Poetry can be conflicting for readers when it comes to studying and reviewing let's say for class or an extended project for Uni applications but what I will say is that the style of poems means I don't have to write so much to get my points across. Recently, I got into the habit of writing on my phone when I'm out and about, waiting for someone to show up or a class to happen. That will continue as the term begins but just not in front of the kids at the work placement!

About to type up a welcome post onto my blog, see you soon!

Yours,

Morwenna.