34,

Dear Myself,

I've been brave, very very brave. I'm returning to babysitting again on the street by mine and Michelle's house. Just not dogs this time, I know dogs are fun and active to be around with but since I'm on a Childcare course, kids are my main priority now. On the City College computers, I created some flyers to distribute around to local houses advertising my services. For £5 an hour, I will come to your place of residence and look after your kids between newborn and the age of six, engage them in safe and fun activities and get them into bed at a suitable time. It's a win-win really since in this current time in the world, prices for everything are increasing but I'm staying affordable and realistic so that parents don't have to suffer with expensive costs. On printing out fifty copies, I was ready for action!

Michelle watched me casually just open some front gates and walk up to the tall doors to post my flyer through the letterbox. This was repeated over and over again down both sides of the road and a few going along the next avenue along from ours until I collapsed on the living room sofa, tired and thirsty. She isn't going to look for babysitting at the moment, instead, she's going to try and help with some flower arranging for local weddings which after the flowers she did for me for my birthday, I know that others will love her designs. The passion really shines through if I do say so myself. Sipping a fruit tea, I watched a random vlog on YouTube about a girl who stayed round a neighbour's house for a few days to babysit and the weird activities she got them to do. I didn't mind the tie-dying a t-shirt but getting them to jump into a swimming pool in fancy dress, really?

College was not too bad this week, all of us are getting our final choices for work placements stored and hopefully by October, we will be learning and earning in a practical Childcare setting soon! The City College do encourage other forms of volunteering and part-time jobs but as long as they don't interfere with the course or other placement opportunities. I've gone for a nursery in the city and one a bus ride away and as of right now, I'm sitting back and waiting for news regarding my application. Michelle has only applied to the city nursery one since she knows someone else who works there and loves the kids.

As I always write my entries into you Diary at the weekend, I did get one response from a neighbour asking for me to babysit on Thursday night which I agreed to go along and do it. The kids were aged six and four with both needing to be tucked into bed by seven and have a story read to them. Piece of cake right? Wrong! Just like rowdy people, neither of the boys wanted to go to bed because I'm a total stranger to them and kept crying for their Mummy who was out at a dinner event for someone's birthday. Personally, I was tempted to text Michelle to ask for backup but how would the boys react to that? William, the oldest of the two really wanted to show me his collection of hot wheels racing cars that he and some other boys at school collect and try to race them against each other. My instinct told me that this ended up in fights and tears but I didn't question that to him. Suddenly, his younger brother Sam races in and knocks some of the cars off of the bed causing William to kick him in frustration. Breaking up a fight between two brothers was scary and thrilling since this was all new for me to deal with.

Just as I managed to calm things down, I could hear the front door slam open and the yelling of their Mum. I quickly hurried Sam to his bed and turned off the light then helped William to bed and tidying away the cars back to their rightful home. Both were still awake as their Mum peeped in but she was happy to see they were in bed and ready for a story. Picking up a random picture book, I read first The Gruffalo and then Peepo before saying my goodbyes and hurrying away back to the security of my bedroom. Even though William with his cute curls and Sam with his cheeky grin were overall lovely people, I haven't been invited back to babysit again in the future so I've taken that as the I'm not the right kind of person for them.

Inspired by the excitement of kids, I've written some more poems (cue a million percent yawning) but I just needed to vent OK? Writing lets me accomplish this.

Little

There they are

All around

Little kids

Running down

Towards the front table

With a display

Exciting books

And new toys they can play

Patiently waiting to see

Their reactions and creativity

I know all their names

They know mine

Such a happy day

Bedtime Story

Are you ready for a bedtime story?

Helping you sleep through until morning

Exciting adventures in faraway lands

Treasure and happiness to be found

Innocence, magic, discoveries too

Maybe a mystery with some hidden clues

Evil villains out to spoil the fun

Take my hand and we'll run

Far, far, so far away

Before our eyelids grow heavy

And sleeping to end the day

I'm so excited for what this term and the next one brings for my dreams and love for Michelle. Each day, she keeps me going and reminds me that I am loved and a special person that crash landed into her world during a hurdle of surviving floristry and being a target for bullies. Cute, fun but also cheeky, that's her. The other half to my whole, life, love and soul. Thanks for putting up with my random musings each day Diary, we will write on!

Yours,

Morwenna.