Chapter 11: Flirting

"Hey!" Niall said, excitedly as Shawn got into the passenger seat of his car.

"Hey, Niall. Nice to meet ya," Shawn said. He awkwardly extended his long arms for a hug, and Niall struggled to reach him across the seat.

"Sorry, em, Probably should have saved that hug until we were outside the car," Shawn said, blushing.

"Nah, it's all good," Niall replied. He looked at Shawn, with his loosely curled chestnut locks and his big brown eyes. That jawline could probably cut through glass if he tried....

"So, um, lets head to dinner Yeah?" Niall said, snapping out of his Shawn-induced trance.

"Yeah?" Shawn said, looking a bit confused. "Sorry it's the accent. Are you trying to say OK?"

Niall snorted. "Yeah. I mean Ok. Sorry mister Canadian."

"No worries, Mr... Scot....?" Shawn said, wincing a bit at his guess.

"Oy!" Niall crowd. "I'm hurt. I'm an Irishman, mate!" Niall said, pretending to be wounded as he pulled onto the main road.

Shawn laughed nervously, fidgeting in his seat a bit. "Sorry. I should have known! I'm bad with accents."

"No worries. I'm just kidding ya," Niall replied. "Anyways, I hope you like pig liver."

Shawn's face reddened and he stared at Niall in horror.

"I'm kidding! We're getting American food," Niall giggled. "If there's one thing you learn about me tonight it's that I'm probably never being serious."

"Ok," Shawn said with a smile. In a burst of confidence, Niall reached over and squeezed Shawn's thigh. Realizing what he had done, he pulled away immediately afterwards, his cheeks turning the color of his red polo.

Shawn looked up, locking eyes with Niall. "Honestly, I'm really nervous too," he admitted. "This is my first date with a guy..."

Niall nearly stopped the car. "Me too!" He cried. "Wait, no way.... That's so cool."

Shawn laughed, his soft, musical voice filling the car. "Yeah. I'm excited for this. But also, fair warning. Im super awkward. My height doesn't help?"

"Height?" Niall asked as he pulled into a parking spot.

"I'm 6'2," Shawn said, blushing.

"Damn Daniel," Niall shouted, giggling.

"Did you just quote a vine from four years ago?" Shawn laughed as he began to unbuckle his seatbelt and head out of the car.

"I did!" Niall said, hopping out on his side.

"Good because I fucking love Vine. What are those????" Shawn imitated, giggling.

"Good to see you're just as silly in person as you are over text," Niall said. He connected eyes with Shawn, blue meeting brown, and felt a warm feeling begin to spread through his body.

"Well lets get inside- Yeah? I mean OKAY," Niall mocked.

Shawn nodded and followed him to the restaurant entrance.

******
Throwing their heads back laughing, the boys stumbled into Liam's tiny apartment hurriedly. "That little pumpkin head cop is everywhere, I swear!" Zayn said, continuing to laugh. "Want some brownies?"

"God, I know. He was at the club, too. I think he has a tracking device on us! And yes, please. What kind are they?" Liam asked walking over to the pan.

"They're laced if that's what you're wondering. Louis loves them," Zayn replied, making a goofy face as he pulled them out of his pocket.

"Ohhh boy. I haven't had one of those since uni," Liam giggled. "Oh.... Louis, right..."