Chapter 17: Goodbyes

When Louis woke up on Monday morning, he almost forgot he was injured. It wasn't until he started putting on his tank top that he remembered the stabbing pain shooting through his collarbone.

"Fuck," he muttered as he grabbed his sling from the bedside table. "I hate this."

It was nine and the morning and normally, he had a class starting in a half hour. But because he was unable to exercise for the next few weeks, Zayn had to get a replacement.

Now, he was stuck in his house with nothing to do for the whole day. Or at least until Zayn and Harry got off of work.

Zayn and Harry. Fuck.

As of yesterday, Louis had begun weaning himself off the painkillers, and he was starting to reflect on the situation with the two men. High or not, the threesome was fucking amazing. But deep down, Louis wasn't sure it was the right thing to do.

Ever since the injury, it's been so clear that both Harry and Zayn have been pining after him. Harry outwardly told him so, and Zayn didn't have to. His actions spoke volumes, from the way he babied him in the hospital to his gentle touch to his possessive gaze.

Sipping on his coffee, Louis closed his eyes and tried to reduce the tension in his temples by rubbing the side of his head.

He knew it was fucked up to be leading two guys on at the same time. He knew this wouldn't end well. But he just couldn't bring himself to pick one.

Because maybe he wanted both.

It was pretty clear, however, that he was running out of time, and that his decisions were affecting people more intensely than he thought. Liam fucking hit him with his car in a fit of rage because he was so jealous of what Zayn had with Louis.

Liam.

Fucking Liam. Liam was his ticket out of this. If Zayn fell in love with Liam, he would walk away from Louis, and Louis would have no choice but to pick Harry. But now Liam fucked up, and there was no way Zayn would ever want to be with him.

Louis was so bad at making decisions that sometimes it was better if things were decided for him. Now, with both Harry and Zayn as possibilities, he was completely helpless.

Now, his phone was blowing up with text messages from both Zayn and Harry.

Fuck, Louis thought to himself. I just have to pick one of them. Or just end it with both.....

The second option seemed scarier than the first. Ending it with both meant being alone, and he certainly didn't want that. He had gotten too comfortable, too used to the attention. All the guys from his past had been one night stands or no strings attached.

But these guys liked him for his personality. He thought about the nights spent on the couch cuddling with Harry and opening up to him about his fears, the afternoons spent with Zayn tumbling around and doing crazy yoga poses that no one had ever attempted before. He started to feel warm, and blinked back tears. He couldn't let all that go...could he?

It would be easier to just be with Harry. To let go of Zayn, to keep their relationship professional like they had before.

At the same time, Louis could no longer resist that chiseled body, those amber eyes, that sexy smile. It was definitely more about the sex with Zayn, but their preexisting emotional bonds made Louis that much more drawn to him.

Harry would be the right choice, the simple choice, the safe choice. And Louis wanted to choose him, he really did. But he was so sensitive that it sometimes made him worry. Lou wanted someone who was a bit rougher, a bit more flexible.