Chapter 8: Three Sides of the Same Coin

After Leuther displayed his reasonable virtues in life, he went out from the ruckus with eyes that shone but lost their twinkle.

Darkness engulfed every space as the sound of a shattered glass entered his ears stepping on it. He felt dizzy as the stench of rotten garbage drifted in the air. The dead leaves violently whirled around the desolate road as speeding cars honked to nothingness.

Leuther was contemplating to give Ythan a call, when he saw him across the road, tinkering his watch inside the car. He smiled as he walked to meet him.

Hearing Leuther's footsteps fastened with all types of deception, Ythan immediately rolled the windows down, still focused on his new toy.

"My, my, look who's waiting for me. Did I melt your cold heart already? If that's the case," Leuther stood beside the car and rested his arms on the window. He leaned closer to Ythan at finger's length, "we can set our marriage on an earlier date."

Ythan heard no single word. He was preoccupied with his watch blinking a few times. The red dot had now turned blue and became stationary. He remembered an article in the manual and concluded that the little kitten had fallen into slumber.

"Mr. Harris, can you also teach me with your fluent Italian accent? I love to add it in my roster of languages," Leuther chuckled and praised Mr. Harris' exceptional talent of being a perfect disguise a dozen times.

Mr. Harris smiled through the rearview mirror.

Ythan, Ythan, Ythan, you surely found one hell of a butler and companion.

"Why did you ask for my help?" Ythan's voice was indifferent. His consciousness now awakened with the image of a kitten licking its paws.

Leuther saw the familiar device on Ythan's wrist. Although it was still under the beta stage, his fraternal twin, Renzo, was able to convince the company's board members to fund millions for this project.

"We're not yet married, but you're already keeping a mistress? Who dares to steal you from me?" Leuther raised his eyebrow.

Ythan's stoic face turned to Leuther.

"You can stop the act right now. You know I'm not interested in your little games."

"Well, that's sad." Leuther pouted.

Known as the man whose determination is as hard as a rock, Leuther fixed his spine and shivered as the moist wind dampened his skin. He rubbed his hands and placed his face on the cusp of his fingers. A cold vapor blew out from his mouth as he exhaled deeply.

The bodyguard was about to take off his suit to shield the gentleman from the cold when Leuther's gaze stabbed him.

Leuther hugged himself.

"Ythan, I feel cold. You should at least let me in," Leuther's exquisite voice of seduction increased everyone's body temperature. Sad to say, it had done nothing to the young master.

Ythan pulled out a box wrapped with a black and white ribbon from the car's compartment. He opened it and tossed the piece of garbage to his childhood friend.

"You can use that while standing there."

As soon as his hands caught it, Leuther could not help but giggle.

The glossy pink jacket was the gift he bought for Ythan, upon hearing the news of their engagement from their parents months ago.

He remembered how he laughed so hard, as his mind pictured Ythan stomping on the neon dancefloor, swaying to the beat of Bruno Mars' Uptown Funk while wearing the jacket when he bought it.