Chapter 13: Peek-a-Boo

Slivers of light penetrated through Zach's half-shut eyes. The sun outside the window bathed the white room, filled with images of the human skeletal system and nervous system. The room was reeking of Isopropyl alcohol when Zach's gaze landed on the Snellen chart above the first aid box.

Zach looked at the right side of the bed. He found Sabrina drooling with her black mane spread like sunrays atop the white mattress. He was about to wake Sabrina up when his vision spun in circles. He closed his eyes and winced; his desire to vomit reemerged.

"Hey, didi, you okay?" Sabrina groggily said. She rubbed her eyes, as saliva slid from the corner of her lips.

"What happened, meimei?" Zach furrowed his brows. He was trying to push away the nauseous feeling.

"You passed out." Sabrina sighed. "You're still such a kid, aren't you?" She wiped the drool on her face and pinched Zach's fluffy cheeks.

"Meimei..." Zach turned his head to the other side, stopping Sabrina's playful acts.

As Zach's eyes landed on the chart about the female reproductive system, the real reason for why he lost his consciousness flashed in his mind. His cheeks blushed.

"Huh? Why are both of your cheeks red? I only pinched the right side." Sabrina sprung from her seat and inspected Zach's cheeks.

"Eh? No-nothing." Zach shook his head.

"Whatever," Sabrina dismissed the matter. She took the medicine and the glass of water on the bedside table. "You should drink your medication. The nurse is out for a while."

Sabrina was about to peel off the medicine wrapper when her phone buzzed.

Zach squinted to see who was calling. No person came into his mind when he saw the name flashing on Sabrina's phone.

Who is prickhead?

"So annoying!" Sabrina grunted as she looked at the screen. "I'll be back in a while, didi. Take your medicines first, okay?"

Zach nodded. He retrieved the medicine and glass of water from Sabrina and placed them back on the table.

"Oh! What a wonderful afternoon, Renzo! Cafeteria? No problem. You know I'm always eager to work with you." Sabrina's cheerful voice faded into the distance, as she left the room, closing the door.

Zach heavily sighed. He was mentally preparing to taste the bitterness of the medicine when the door creaked open.

A man stood at the door. The man's earring shimmered across the room, capturing Zach's attention. Smiling, the man sauntered towards Zach and sat beside the bed. The scent of Vanilla drifted into Zach.

"What's your name?" Leuther placed his arms on the bed and propped his chin with his hands.

He is so beautiful... and elegant. Zach was mesmerized.

"Hmmm?" Leuther raised his brows, pulling out Zach from his reverie.

"I-I'm Zach. How about you? Yo-you're the man who dragged us to that car?"

"En. You can call me Leuther." Leuther flashed a smile. "Where did you meet Ythan?" He directly hit the bull's eye.

Zach's gaze clouded. "Ythan?" He paused. "I don't know anyone named Ythan."

Interesting.

"You don't know the man who drove that car?"

"Oh, Mr. Vampire." Zach's eyes glittered. "His name is Ythan?"

"Mr. Vampire?" Leuther's face twitched.

"I-I'm sorry. I just remembered how fast his reflexes was when he caught m-my egg."